skoda octavia

I am looking at buying a skoda octavia 1.9 tdi. does any body have any information with regards to what the tdi and the redi i difference is? i am looking at the elegance but what bhp does each model have. it will be around a 51 reg. please could some body give me some more information, i will be very grateful indeed. my e-mail address is snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com.

Thanks chris

Reply to
reet

Hi Chris, as I understand it, the red letters on VAG turbo diesel engines represents a different level of power output. To find out the power output of an engine in an Octavia, lift up the carpet in the boot, as you would if you were accessing the spare tyre, and look for a piece of paper stuck to the metal floor of the boot between the spare wheel well and the passenger side rear light cluster (I hope I explained that clearly enough, but something tells me I didn't...) This paper has paint codes, trim levels etc coded on to it, the engine power is dead easy to spot as it had KW printed after it (KW is for kilowatts) to convert kilowatts into BHP, multiply it by 1.34. For example, my 1.6 petrol Octavia has about 74KW which equals about 99 horsepower.

Cheers.

Reply to
conkersack

Hello,

All the technical data is on the arkers website. i would have the Octavia RS - you're probably buying a VW with a different badge. people seem less snobby about the Skoda now. if only they would change the crap looking badge\!

Reply to
Rob T

:-(

I quite like the badge!

Reply to
conkersack

The Winged Arrow is all that is left of what Skoda is. They used to use a Blue Oval, but a more common brand chose to use that as well as the RS model brand, so they needed something else altogether more impressive looking.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Gerrof, it's a green pigeon.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh I dunno, some BMW driver has punted a Skoda off the road on the M27 and killed the passenger in the Skoda. Obviously some people take badge snobbery a bit too far.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It was white on earlier badges. I always though it was meant to be a bird in flight, but nope. It is a winged arrow, chosen for the speed and straight driving (remember, Skoda were involved in motorsport (not always cars) before Ford had worked out how to fasten the wheels on straight.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

2005?
Reply to
Depresion

all silver TDI - 90bhp Red I - 110bhp RED DI- 115 or 130 bhp Pumpe Duse. Not sure how to tell which though.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Post of the day.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Relative performance? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Skoda Motorsport Pre-Vag was a Czech team and won everything it entered. Now it is classed as a German team, and has won bugger all in years, and keeps shuffling drivers every season, and nobody gets a chance to get used to the car.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

When it passes you, you get a chance to look.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nothing to do with them now having to compete at a more competitive level then, is it...

Reply to
JackH

Well the 110 has a relative 20bhp more than the 90 and 20 less than the 130. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

Aye, they did good.

Hmmmmmm. Pattern maybe?

Reply to
DervMan

No no, what I was saying was that the 115 PS version won't be quite as quick as the 130, that's how you tell on the road...?

Reply to
DervMan

So I should pull over for them, then? :)

Reply to
DervMan