Snowing

Snowing tonight, 1st time i seen it in 4 yrs, going out tonight for some 4wd fun, will post vid later :)

Reply to
Ronny

I did that the other week. Best fun is to deliberately crawl up a hill with any RWD car of your choosing behind you - ideally a 3 series BMW with big alloys. When you can hear the screaming engine and the wheelspin behind you, just ease away. Remember you've got all the traction in the world to get moving and keep moving, but when it comes to stopping you're just the same as everyone else. That's the bit I found difficult to get my head round. That and the fact that I could get all 4 wheels spinning - even with Quattro IV. Good fun though :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Thats what i wanna do Bob, get some footage of all 4 wheels spinning at the same time, throwing up tons of snow, but the only problem with that is, is the fact you are then stuck lol, as all 4 wheels turning but not going anywhere.

I have taken it into a muddy field and has some fun, and the beach but it was too easy there, snow is the ultimate test, but im using summer tyres, so would imagine it be quite tricky :), damn stopped snowing outside now :((

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Yes .... the other year a bmw got stuck at a local junction. After a few seconds waiting behind him, i just pulled out and around him and away. Then there were the two people pushing a toyota camry, because they couldn't even get it to move .... i got brave and had to go up on a grass verge to get around them. Both times i got the sort of stare that said "how the f*ck are you moving when we are not".

Because i was in a two wheel drive citroen axgt ..... my secret ... running

8psi in my tyres and most importantly, 720kg body weight.

I even chased an isuzu trooper down a snowy track at 30mph over 3 inches of snow ... until the gearchange linkage got bogged in 2nd gear with snow.

Whats more amazing in the snow ..., a 4 wheel drive car thats supposed to. Or a two wheel drive car that ain't!!!

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

Light cars are brilliant in the snow - I remember much fun in my 1st 850 mini in the snow at the rip old age of 17.

Nowadays it's a 4WD that nobody know is a 4WD :-) Except the ones that see the 4motion badge.

"Dad, How come that *diesel* Passat is gliding serenely up the hill past all the expensive cars ? "

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Lol passat's are cool cus they use proper 4wd not Golf or Audi A3 4wd :)

The video I made tonight was me driving through a country lane with my mate, its hilarious lol, more funny then skillfull, but worth a look all the same, its 8mb.

Its a bit "personal" so im not going to post a link on here, if you wanna see it, email me, and I will give you the link.

It doesnt look all that fast driving down a country lane in the snow, but it scared the shit outa me :)

Ron

Email snipped-for-privacy@fsplanes.net

Reply to
Ron

post

Ok might as well post the link, have a laugh, excuse the swearing :)

Ron

Cool :) Why cant I have roads like that round here :( the only roads like that only last a few hundred metres and are full of potholes or traffic :(

If its still snowing tomorrow I'm goin down the carpark I found today again - cos they dont grit there....

Creeping along making sure noones around...turn wheel and boot it... seriously sideways.. bouncing off the limiter in 1st, totally out of control bit of opposite lock and touch of brakes and it slides round nicely... kerb now approaching .. brakes and slide sideways to a stop....

ahhh fun... I'll get it on video tomorrow if its still snowing...

Reply to
Ben Organ

Its only because no one is stupid enough to go out in black ice and snow :), the temp then was -2

Reply to
Ron

Yea true... watch this space for a video tomorrow if its snowed... :)

Reply to
Ben Organ

Cool, I think these video's are fun, specially when you look back at them later on

Reply to
Ron

I have loads from when we used to drive round in the summer late at night on empty roads...

Reply to
Ben Organ

How do you make a Ka go sideways by booting it? Lifting off, handbrake or left foot braking but surely not booting...

Reply to
Doki

I used to drive a 205 Diesel, it was pretty much unstoppable when things got slippy, especially when compared to some of my neighbours Beemers Mercs and Lexii.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Marketing.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Turn the wheels, give it a boot and then straighten up and it should carry on going sideways... if not handbrake should do the trick..

Reply to
Ben Organ

But yea I was using the lifting off and handbrake tricks too - hopefully ther will be video tomorrow..

Reply to
Ben Organ

"It's just loike watchin Colin Mcrae" - lol :D

Reply to
Albert T Cone

snip

Agreed - the best vehicle I have ever driven in snow was a wee Citroen C15D van. Diesel lump over the front wheels, skinny, high profile tyres, and just enough torque to pull it up a hill at idle.

Reply to
Jamesy