Reply to
antispam

Just not in the way that you mean :)

Reply to
Lordy

Both :)

Reply to
sergey vizgunov

Actually yes, I suppose they are when you look at it that way, heh.

Reply to
Lordy

I'm very pleased with mine, I get to discard most of the spam and don't need to bother with messages from specific people, which so far number three.

Well worth sorting.

Reply to
antispam

OOOOoooooh - who's in it :) ?

Reply to
Dan405

snip

"Small q" is the first letter of the company name! "quattro GmbH", a "tuning company" wholly owned by Audi.

Technically, anything breathed on by them is a "quattro" - it has nothing to do with the type of 4wd system employed. It just so happens that "classic" Audi fans have a tendency to hate the Haldex system that quattro have also used.

Reply to
Jamesy

That quite possibly happened.

?

Unless you're talking wierdo machinery, 2wd cars should never get stuck in your street ! I never have any problems in mine when it snows.

Reply to
Nom

Heh, but you've got a magic Torsen diff, you never wheelspin or get stuck! At all. Ever. (c;

Several times in the last few days I've had problems getting out of parking spaces in my street, never actually got stuck and required the services of someone with 4 wheel drive or whatever but I have had to get out and put rock salt under me wheels and/or smash a break in the wall of ice or slush between my car and the road proper. Taking me a good 5-10 minutes sometimes (maybe less but when its that cold, it feels like a long time).

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I never get stuck, and i have pretty wide tyres (205's) and a way too heavy right foot, and i'm relatively inexperienced (3 1/2 years under my belt). I suggest you maybe try a bit harder next time douggie ;)

Reply to
Dan405

You just havn't driven in deep enough snow (c:

My car sits on 205 section tyres, it also has 150bhp, an automatic gearbox and RWD. Not the best combination for the ol' slippery conditions. Havn't got proper stuck yet, just had to take extra time unsticking my car one or twice recently.

Heh, and FWIW, I only passed my test in 1998. Christ I feel old. (c:

And: is is lexus IS200 drivers or just Lexus IS200's that are shit in the snow?

Douglas Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Well, to be fair, we were talking FWD :) Also, i live in North Yorkshire, i've driven in it to the point when the bumper is shoving it along, quite a few times, foot depp kinda situation, and living in the middle of nowhere, i have to drive 2 miles to see a ploughed road, and even then its rare :)

Reply to
Dan405

Currently yes. But I've owned and driven plenty more than my TI !

Reply to
Nom

Never you mind... ;)

Reply to
antispam

I surprised you seen his post, i didn't ;)

-- Chet

Chet

Who said that?

;)

Reply to
Dan405

Yeah right ..

Looking outside atm makes me think that I'll propably find something like this in the morning for Xth time this winter ..

Might aswell get drunk and have me even TWO reasons to take a cab to work :-)

Hermann Antichrist

- i_do_have_a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

-

Christian Rethmann

Heh, you win!

Although some points were deducted for not living in the UK. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

">

I see what your getting at Steve, but how does an average weight car like the subaru with average width tyres (205) have zero traction. Assuming the scooby was only f2d, tyres that thick won't be that bad. It's certainly not anything like fat rear tyres on a rwd beemer. And of course, the scooby is

4wd...
Reply to
Andy R