Software remap

Hypothetically, say I've had my engine management remapped but no other mods, do you reckon your average dealer will notice when it comes to servicing time? I'm talking about a remap via the car's data port BTW, not a chip swap so there are no replacement parts at all...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Nope. You average dealer wouldnt notice if it had a v8 fitted.

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

Some mapping has a 'stealth mode' that reverts back to standard when you cut the ignition, meaning the dealer is less likely to realise it's been chipped.

Reply to
SteveH

Lol, can't argue with that...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Revo remap can be reset back to stock for servicing, Poplar with the VAG and Porsche guys, also you can play with the timing settings and boost settings.

Reply to
Traveller_of_life

Probably not unless the car drove differently.

Reply to
DervMan

Radically differently at that!

Reply to
DervMan

I forgot to mention the extra 40+ BHP it delivers. Performance bargain. from

180 to 220 BHP, or from 225 to +- 270 on the Audi S3, Audi TT 225 or Seat Leon Cupra R.

Reply to
Traveller_of_life

Nope. You may want to tell them though if they're friendly, as some have a habit of thinking it's faulty on the test drive and reflashing the car...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Also probably true - though as the popular remaps are for diseasels you'd hope they'd notice the lack of noise...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp