Sold the R5.

Chav? if 17 inch wheels and flip paint is chav then I suppose your right. Allthough I would personally suspect that a 2 grand paintjob is out of the league of most "chavs"

I wasn't expecting you to like it, plus I allready knew you where a pillock so wasn't expecting contructive critisism or even a compliment on some of the mods :o)

Anywho i'm off home.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

That'll be 'you're' and 'although'.

And this will be 'already', 'were', 'constructive' and 'criticism'.

Your car is still a heap of chavved up s**te, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Bastard!

Reply to
Chet

:o)

950 quid too. with one months ticket and no tax :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Bless :)

Reply to
Chet

I can't understand why you didn't just donate it to retro... :P

Reply to
Chet

Argh!

My eyes.

Did you _have_ to post that?

Reply to
SteveH

Not a fan of East 17 then, Steve?

Reply to
Pete M

Who's that ?

Reply to
Nom

Is that not CRAZILY cheap ?

A few hundred quid on a chip, and it'd actually make some sort of reasonable power too !

Reply to
Nom

In my book, there are chavs and then there are townies.

Chavs are really poor, scruffy and nick stuff a lot. Townies have a bit of money but share the same misguided tastes as Chavs except they can afford the real designer labels and er, paintjobs.

So I conclude, the underclass has a class structure of it's own. Both aspiring to something undefined - they are the worst victims, the first to be brainwashed by the consumerist society that is being increasingly imposed on us.

Reply to
fishman

The last resort of a man who doesn't have an argument - switch to "Pedantic English Teacher" mode.

I'll admit it's not the prettiest I've seen and looks really clich=E9 to me but I believe from Mason's posts that the work carried out is of the highest order and that's the reason for showing it. Plus he er, has a car with some mods to it, which is nice in here.

Reply to
fishman

Judging by the description on the page leading to it, it's Mason and his wife to be.

These sites really should be passworded.

Reply to
fishman

Least they look happy together, which is cool in this day and age.

Good luck getting married Mason :)

Reply to
Ronny

To an extent, yes. Cheapest on Autotrader is around £1700 or so, and from then there aren't many less than about £2500-3000, some at those prices even with similar miles. And it's been said lots for other high milers, but it really doesn't feel like it's done the miles from the way it drives - and I'd be much more confident to run an early generation TDI (like this, or my A6) up to mega miles than a more modern commonrail one, just because the pressure is *so* much higher on commonrail ones, and the pumps are "HFM!!" money to replace. Price is literally what it owes me - I got it cos it was bloody cheap and want to sell it quick, so it's a bloody bargain for whoever gets it.

Like I've said, only "faults" are that it needs 2 front tyres (but they won't be too dear on one of these), it's got no tax, and that flashing glow plug light. It's been suggested (by JackH) that that could be a relay problem causing the glow plugs to be constantly having power running through them, meaning they could potentially burn out, but if that's the case it's probably only a simple case of replacing a relay - and it might not even be that - I mean it's been absolutely spot on (and bloody ecomical) over the

2000 miles my mate's kindly put on the car for me!

Ho yuss :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

in news:MoB4e.6892$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-win.ntli.net, "AstraVanMan" slurred :

Really? That's a bloody good price. I'd expect to pay at least £2k for a slightly ropy one.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Aye, like I said, it's all good bar the little bits I've mentioned - I just got it at a bloody good price and would rather sell quick, hence selling at a good price too!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

But my point is, you're neither....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I have done in the past, and have a modded car on the drive.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Not at all.

It's one of the things that _really_ annoys me. Is our education system so shit it lets kids leave school without any grasp of spelling or punctuation?

Just don't start me on top posting.

Reply to
SteveH