some people in this group just dont get it

No it didn't.

It also happens to be one of the best small coupes ever made.

Plenty of people disagree with you, as shown by the residual values of them.

Reply to
SteveH

and 80s, and 90s.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I agree with SteveF - it was hardly modern looking, back in it's day.

Agreed.

Surely the residuals are strong because it's "one of the best small coupes ever made" :)

I'm pretty sure it's dated looks aren't gonna be an issue, now that it's 16 years old ;)

Reply to
Nom

You're missing the point here Ronny - Tim was trying to give a list of 80s cars that are half-worth bothering with.

Astra GTE, Ford Escort etc. are not "Retro 80s" - they're just s**te...

Reply to
Nom

Are you sure that MR2 isn't turning you gay, Vamp?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

They're no different over here ;)

Reply to
Nom

Har har. So did the Calibra.

The Corrado was very much a 1990s halo car. People loved 'em. It was also typical of the variable quality of 1990s VWs, like the dreadful, lardy Mk III Golf, and the good, but a step backwards IMO, bluff fronted Passat.

Never owned one. Would like to though.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

I wouldn't slag anyone off for modding anything, as long as it's done right. Corsas included.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

I used to get less grief when I tarted up my old Skodas.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yep. Then Aston Martin used the floorpan for the DB7.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

i loved the corrado's! i sat in a fully loaded black one once at a showroom, full leather cd and all that. i loved the shape and to me it looked cooler than the golf. i'd have one i think if they wasn't so damned over priced and insurance costs wasn't so silly :)

Reply to
Vamp

the cars not the guys you perv :)

Reply to
Vamp

Truth is the 80's junk is still around, unlike most of the others...

Reply to
chris

Because these people wanted one when they were knew, but couldn't afford it?

Reply to
DervMan

Young man!

Reply to
DervMan

Was that statement a satirical one ? Designed to expose the one quoted above it as impressively stupid ?

Just wondered like, what with it being a load of sweaty old arse.

Reply to
LordyUK

Why bother worrying about it? If I had a pound for every time somebody wondered why I was modding a car I'd be able to buy Fiat from GM.

Correct. "Me too."

You know, some people who _don't_ mod think it's great to not spend a lot of money on a car, then "pot, kettle, black" when somebody else (i.e. me) doesn't get a super ultra high performance tyre, but instead gets these funky low rolling resistance tyres.

I don't worry about it. Actually I encourage the behaviour, it's fun.

We have two cars. We have Kermit that Charlie uses to get to and from her funky stuff about the city. Then we have Kermit that we use for long haul trips and my work commute... :)

Ermmmmm...

Ya...?

We're not arguing...?

[snip]

Nah snipers are fine. At least we generally know who's responsible! Some of the Ka Klubbers, or ex-Ka Klubbers, have made it their mission to netkkop me and my activities, which is hugely entertaining because they're too scared to admit who they are.

I reckon it's 'cos I'd email this:

a lot, heh. :)

Reply to
DervMan

omg, a sensible comment. Please stop it at once before it becomes catching and spreads :)

Reply to
LordyUK

Well yeah, teasing is allowed ;)

Reply to

Sshhhhh or all the "I've never modded, and never will mod a car, but have to right to tell you how" people catch up with you ;)

Reply to
DanTXD