Somebody shoot me, I truly am going insane.

I've actually been looking on Autotrader and Ebay for Asia Rocksta, and Mahindra Indian Jeeps in Diesel form.

I think seeing the cloud of grey smoke out the back of the car when I needed to boot it just after startup has addled my brain.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

->I've actually been looking on Autotrader and Ebay for Asia Rocksta, and

->Mahindra Indian Jeeps in Diesel form.

You need help, serious help.................

Reply to
Geoff

Don't do it, for gods sake just don't do it. You don't want to know just how bad those things are. If you have a desire for a diesel 4x4 try and find a Fourtrak. Even a Frontera is better than a Mahindra.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The only cars that come from the factory with pre-installed rust holes.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I know, thats why I want shooting. Mind you the Rocksta with the Mazda petrol 1.8 might be basic but usable on the road. Just really crap.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

->Between £800 and 2k

->Looks like the Rocsta is less agricultural, has 4 seats and uses old

->Mazda engines.

If sir is so keen to have that sort of thing may I suggest

Cheaper, easier to mod and probably better built.

People will still laugh, small childred will throw stones, but at least it's cheap ;-)

Reply to
Geoff

Hehehehehhee - that's awesomely s**te :D

Reply to
DanTXD

They tend to be Escort based, I prefer the Mahindra, I like a smelly=20 indian takeaway/

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nope, Skoda had that too in the communist days.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

No get a Lada Niva and drop a turbo Lancia engine in it! (No idea why the Top Gear Lotus Lada didn't have a turbo lump, mind you 180BHP from N/A isn't bad)

Reply to
fishman

->>

->> Cheaper, easier to mod and probably better built.

->>

->> People will still laugh, small childred will throw stones, but at least

->> it's

->> cheap ;-)

->Hehehehehhee - that's awesomely s**te :D

If you thought that was s**te...

Still makes a Mahindra look good tho.

Tho if you want the ultimate two seater offroad and highly modified vehicle.

Geoff

Andy Saunders did it years ago.

'RUNAGROUND'%20.jpg

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

On the subject of Ladas get your self an old Riva Boxomatic :)

in case your wondering its a fiat based engine and box (yes most modern fiat lumps will bolt to the standard box) or drop a V8 into it :) or a nice straight six gardner derv lump.

btw if anyone comes accross a not too rusty cheap old lada/skoda/insert uber naff 70s-80's motor here

gimme a shout i'm on the look out for a fun daily hack

Reply to
Rob

I imagine the torque would have caused the lump to exit the Lada :)

Reply to
Nom