Speaking of old rally cars in cameo roles

I probably shouldn't admit watching it though - but I thought it was quite amusingly silly. Probably a replica n'all. But I reckon a Stratos beats a Quattro :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

What program does one refer too?

Reply to
Iridium

My six-year-old thought it was cracking, I didn't watch it of course

*cough*...
Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Phoo Action

Though it seems Tony might have a thing for the Buddha's hotpants :-)

Reply to
Clive George

Didn't watch it but saw the trailers and thought "hmm, is that a stratos"?

There are a couple of replicas in Warrington I see every now and again. And they do look/sound fantastic.

Reply to
Elder

Not a proper SWB Quattro.

Reply to
Conor

Eh? Stratos is well cooler than SWB Quattro. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'm sure I must have told you about the bloke I used to know. Bernie from Ayr.

He had a couple of Stratii (for that must be the plural of Stratos).

They were both replicas of course.

First one was a rally car with a Honda V6 - this car, quite a well known car among Stratos circles

Second car was a road car with a Ferrari V8 - this car, now in Japan
He then went on to this beast.
definitely not a stratos, but still a bit cool I think. Anyway, you wouldn't fit in a Stratos, because I don't. Unfortunately, it wasn't moving at the time....

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Alan Partridge never had a Stratos. (c:

Looks the part.

Stainless chassis? Cool.

That's quite a lot of engines for quite a little car.

Pesky wops.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hawk based by any chance? A friend who worked in whizzy aerodynamics stuff had two, a real one and a Hawk replica with an Alfa V6. He reckoned that he couldn't tell much difference between them other than that he would take the Hawk and race and wouldn't do that with the Stratos. IIRC he did something silly and broke the windscreen on the Stratos and found that the Hawk windscreens were an exact fit.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bernies cars were called CAE Corse. CAE being Carson Automotive Engineering.

Hawks are far more numerous.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Righty ho.

There are more Ferrari Enzos on the road than Reliant Kittens, round these parts. Hinting that the numbers game doesn't mean a great deal.

Besides one of his other cars is an Ultima and there are relatively few of those around.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It had the guy from Predator/Action Jackson in it!

Reply to
Abo

In fact, wasn't he Apollo Creed?

Yep, Apollo Creed lol