SWMBO and your modding

just curious does everyone elses other half have an influence on their modding,

mine has just decreed that 18's look small and that 19" polished tooras would be nicer on the bus

Reply to
Rob

how hard to I need to slam the door so that it stays attached to the car but causes the most amount of noise? :)

Reply to
dojj

" dojj" wrote in news:e28ki6$tk8$ snipped-for-privacy@emma.aioe.org:

WHY do wimmin DO that ???? I knew one who managed to shatter the glass in the passenger door of a mates lovingly restored MG. And that was after calling him a "s**te in nining armour" (sic) for giving her a lift after her car broke down.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

No influence at all on my cars!! In fact she hate's the Volvo (which is now welded up ready for retest WOO HOO).

I do what she tells me with her car though!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Mine moans. She has acepted that we have a deal though, after 3 months for a "Shakedown" of the Octavia to spot any problems it is getting a set of alloys at least.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Why?

Complete waste of money.

Reply to
SteveH

Aren't all hobbys?

Reply to
DanTXD

Mine says if I put a bigger exhaust/intercooler/more boost into here Forrester she'll kill me.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

My car, my money. I'm not planning on spending on anything stupidly expensive or garish. I prefer the way they look. Will buy used for peanuts and get them refurbed. Much cheaper than new. I think it has discs all round so it should look OK.

Will probably look for either a set of vRS 17" or a set of second hand RS4 wheels. Keep it all from the VAG parts bin where possible. Things like an R32 steering wheel with the badge changed from VW to Skoda.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

So is the fact that you own so many vehicles, but it's your pleasure and you're willing to pay for it.

After reading your ramblings on another group about S-Type jags and whatnot, I'm seriously questioning your sanity, and/or whether you're a troll who has somehow become accepted.

While I'm ranting, I remember you offering beer tokens for looking at a shagged out Alfa 164 that was on eBay a while back. Hope you enjoyed the beer.

Reply to
fishman

Heh, I know that feeling...

I don't think Steve is actually a troll, I just think he's misguided.

Ker*ching*

Reply to
Pete M

Think yourself lucky, my new missus has stole my Audi, and left me with a

1.6 Astra, but it does have Aircon and power steering :)

And it does save me soooo much money getting to work, and I was putting galactic miles on the Audi.

Reply to
Ronny

I've just picked up a near new set of OZ Racing (mileage under 100) alloys for the MR2 for £75. Also came with some budget 2nd hand tyres which still have quite a bit of tread left too. There are bargains to be had out there!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's a dull commuter hatch. You'll get bored of it quite soon, so spending money on chavving it up is just throwing your money away, IMHO, of course.

Remember, 17s will make it even slower.....

Reply to
SteveH

A little hit with something useful like a paypal addy would have been handy, like.

Reply to
SteveH

I like the thought of picking up S/H VAG parts from better cars though. I quite like the wheels fitted to the VW Phaeton. Not the normal fat=20 spoked ones but

They do look nice.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Heh. Mine initially expressed mild entertainment at my plans, then started vetoing some ideas and putting forward others.

Reply to
DervMan

It isn't actually slow. Doesn't feel much different to the saabs, and feels quicker than the Celica most of the time, unless I really ragged the Celica, in which case it took off a whipped MP.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2