T'Alfa is on fleabay.

[...use of black caps...]

Ahhhhh...

"Damning with faint praise"

;)

Alistair J Murray

Oh wow. That is absolutley disgusting. I love it. So "Life on Mars" (yeah I know 6 years too late) it is just=20 right.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

"Pete M" wrote in message news:43eceb27$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.zapto.org...

It's not sold yet though - but at £440 it's not doing badly.

Are you sure you're not interested in a 300TE Merc estate (146K, FSH and famous-ish previous owner - believed Simon Mayo, 7 seats, all extras bar aircon & leather) ?

David

Reply to
David Lane

In news:95qdnRku snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, David Lane wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Could be.

Does the waterpump leak? Is the exhaust blowing? Does the ABS work? Is it Jewish Racing Gold?

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:43f4d491$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.zapto.org...

No. The engine was fully serviced and checked last October when it went through the MOT.

The only leakage is the gearbox seals - I've not had a quote for this but that's the only thing that leaks. Last serviced about 3 weeks ago.

Front and middle are fine - the front's got several years left and shows no marks, the middle was replaced about 2 years ago. The back's OK apart from a small hole in the last part of the tailpipe.

Yes - absolutely fine with no problems. Cruise control works fine too.

No. Light metallic blue. Except for the front wheel arches which are rust covered over by chrome arch trims.

Jewish Racing Gold's more popular in south London. Or possibly Liverpool (?) - Leeds thinks it's a bit more sophisticated.

The reason I'm after changing is that my wife can't reach the pedals and I'm forever getting the car stuck in the university car park - the towbar makes it about 6 inches too big.

David

Reply to
David Lane

I forgot to mention - if you want to check whether I'm Nigerian or a 419 scammer, check my eBay feedback - user davidclane - 760 currently.

Reply to
David Lane

*perk*

Shame it's not diesel, as I'm after a diesel estate at the mo.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Admit it, it was the Simon Mayo thing that interested you, wasn't it :-P

Reply to
SteveH

His no. plate in the late 80's to early 90's was RAD101 (RADIO 1) - that was the plate on this car.

Presumably since he's now at Radio 2 he's sold it?

Personally it didn't make any difference to me when I bought the car.

Someone had hit my previous Merc at 70 whilst I was stationary - all I got was a cracked bumper and dented tailgate, although the insurer wrote it off. The idiot who went down a side road to get to the pub quicker at 70 was worse off - car a mess and him worse. So I decided to replace it with an identical car, just one which was a bit faster (a 300TE rather than a

200TE).

David

Reply to
David Lane

Don't judge me by your own sick standards!

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

What sort of economy are you getting from it, and what sort of money are you looking for, for it?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

TBH I wasn't thinking of selling just yet - I saw the Alfa as something different. I passed on a 155 a few years ago and bought a Merc instead.

Economy. Hmmm. It's got a sports switchable auto box and I just leave it in sport mode, so that naturally affects economy. I would say mid-20's in town and mid-30's outside. I've seen 40mpg but then I've also seen 10 when pushing it. It weighs nearly 2 tonnes and is a 3-litre petrol, so economy isn't a term associated with it.

If you're looking for a diesel then you will get better economy - avoid the

250D though and go for the 300D. However, prices will be much the same as the 300 but more than the 200 and 230 versions.

Money - haven't got a clue TBH.

David

Reply to
David Lane

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, David Lane wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Hate to be the one to point this out, but it's not "Sport" mode, it's "Standard" mode when it's on a Merc box. "Economy" mode just makes the bloody thing start in second and change up to top as soon as possible.

The gearbox leak does put me off though, Merc boxes get very uppity if they lose fluid. My 500SEL box was pretty knackered cos of it.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message :

Agreed, which is why I don't use the Economy mode.

Agree with what happens if they lost fluid - it's being regularly topped up because of that and will be done in March/April when I can afford it. Replacing my wife's car is more of a priority, but she seems to think decorating the house is more important.

David

Reply to
David Lane

"Pete M" wrote in message news:43eceb27$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.zapto.org...

Pete, I see it didn't sell.

Any idea as to what you were 'really' looking for it?

David

Reply to
David Lane

In news:eZ-dne739Y6 snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, David Lane wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

If you want it, it's yours for £600 if you're quick.[1]

Drives well, but the front shocks are knackered on it, and it needs the wiper blades changing.

Other than that it's fine, could do with a valet.

[1] like, this week.
Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@usenet.zapto.org, Pete M wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

[2] This is a URCM only offer, well, URCM and the UKRM floaters, obviously.
Reply to
Pete M

UKRM floaters? Pieces of poo?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news:RDAKf.42865$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net, AstraVanMan wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

Heh, well, it's going back on ebay tonight, and if it doesn't go in the next three days it's going in the Trader next week.

Reply to
Pete M