technical question (clutch replacement)

how long should it take my garage to replace my car's clutch? I had an estimate made and they charged me 6 hours of work!!! is that about right?

Thanx in advance!

Reply to
Simone O.

Depends. If you had a Focus WRC i reckon i could do it in 30 mins for you, and that includes a couple of tea breaks.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

On a Saab 900, that is about twice as long as needed, on a Skoda Estelle, maybe not far off, on Porsche Boxster, they under charged. What car was it in?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

What car ?

Reply to
Tony Bond

Like us, the prolly don't know what car you have. So assuming they priced you the most expensive clutch-change they've ever done, I think that's a reasonable price.

Reply to
Nom

30 mins gets you a full engine swap, they can do the transmission in 15.

-- James

Reply to
James

But i said 'i', not 'they' :)