New car....

Well i'm back to Pug and back to deisel :D And i'm loving it! Apologies for the crap pic, but the batteries were dieing so i wasnt using the flash. Once the batteries are charged back up i'll get some more pics of the kevved up bits for you all to laugh at. (spot the stick on tat in these 2 photos).

Carl Gibbs

Silver air vents. Tasty :). Are the fogs standard or not? Looks tidy otherwise.

Reply to
Doki

Yeah tell me about it! Will be off to the scrappie when i get chance to get a new black interior. The DRIVING lights are standard, although they've been replaced with non-Pug ones (and wired up wrong). You missed some of the other bits though...

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Silver LED windscreen washers, Silver wipers and clear side repeaters (aren't 205 ones normally square too?). I thought they were too obvious :). I'm not a Pug bod so I've no idea if the go faster stripes are standard or not. Nice GTi alloys though.

Reply to
Doki

front grill been sprayed silver ????

Chad

Reply to
Chad

You're absolutely riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight (in a Roy Walker stylee). The LED washers are blue (cool). The side repaeaters are normally square and orange, but i think i'll keep the round oval ones. The go faster stripes are standard. Not bad for a Ford boy :) Missed the tow bar though (with painted silver covers of course).

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

LOL, they're horrendous :)

Only the 1.9's 15s are "nice".

Reply to
Nom

I like the 1.6 ones and my car. The 1.9 ones would look stupid on a non GTi car.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Nope, its blue like the rest of the car. Just a dodgy photo

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I like your car, but not the rims :)

Pah !

A friend of mine bought a 205 1.6 GTi last year. I sold him my 16" TSW Alpines (5-spoke jobbies, left over from the 405) to stick on it - and it looked AWESOME !

Reply to
Nom

I surprised myself too by liking it. being a 5 door i'd though it wouldnt look very nice, but i was pleasantly surprised. And i still LOVE the look of the front of a 205 GTi. Looks fantastic IMHO

They're not 15" Speedlines though, are they :) And mine has higher suspension than a GTi. And dont say lower it, because no lowering kit is coming anywhere near my car! :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What do the diesel pugs go like ... are they of the performance flavour (bearing in mind the pug 205's are almost as light as the citroen ax's).

Whats the 0-60mph of these??

-- (Scum Mail Bouncer In use). (Remove the two "n" from email address to reply directly).

Regards..... Steve.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

'Cos they are so light, it depends how many people / how much fuel you have on board. On my GRDT, with me and my dad and a full fuel tank 0-60 is ~

11.5. With just me and a nearly empty fuel tank, it's about 9.5 (and I have the accelerometer plots to prove it :) I have no idea what it is when you've got 5 people on board, but it's pretty slowwwww.

They go pretty well, for a small car which does 55 to the gallon, although mine is pretty noisy on the motorway.

One day I'm going to have Allard fit an intercooler and do some fuel pump tweakery - they reckon 105BHp (up from 78), which should be nice...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Already got an intercooler and manifold lined up for a cheap price. Then i will take some measurements to see where it'll fit. Hopefully it will go on top of the engine (like it does on a BX/405) with an auto bonnet fitted and a vent cut into it. Well thats the current plan anyway :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Groovy. Although I prefer the idea of mounting the intercooler at the front of the engine bay somewhere - make use of all the lovely cold air rushing in, instead of on top in the nasty warm air off the engine. I suppose some sort of mad max style bonnet scoop would also work :)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Well i would be doing road rallies in it, so mounting it under the rad is not an option as it will get beaten off, and i dont htink there is room in between the engine and rad. When i get it and know the size i can obviously check though. I want to keep the vent as subtle as possible :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

How about in the left hand wing, using the cool area between engine bay and external wing to carry the air and radiate from the actual bodywork? You can probably live with a bit of heat from the front rotors ^H^H^H^H I mean discs.

Reply to
antispam

Possibly. Not really sure how easy access would be, and i'm not sure how much room would actually be in there. A mate has a 205 he is scrapping though, so i may have to experiment on that!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Stick it in the front bumper. They're much more efficient like that, and mounting will be easier - all you need to do is cut a hole out.

Reply to
Nom

Preferably with "Kev" stencilled on :). If you're not joking, I reckon Carl would have a hole in it from a branch or something and drained the cooling system within about a week.

Reply to
Doki