Thank you and goodnight.

No Toe-rag makes sense, especially not the Porsche variants. If someone wants a 4x4 for that sort of money then a Volvo XC90 is the way to go. It's just better at everything on and off road.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Fiancee? Congrats.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Been looking at mid to late 90's Pajeros 2.8, Bighorn 3.1, and Musso early 2000's. The Daewoo badged ones aren't as slow as the early Ssangyong ones, being turbo charged, and they sorted out the weak gear linkage.

I have Makro and Costco cards and can get plastic bag in box SVO for about 95 a litre for 15 litres.

Eventually I'm going to need to be moving pallets (not full pallets but bare pallets for materials) for making paddles and stocks, so carrying space is going to be needed but I don't want a van.

Reply to
Elder

Yup, got engaged just before Valentines day. Been together since November but some things just click and you know. Plan is to have a Steampunk themed wedding, because we both have very odd and mixed groups of friends from many backgrounds.

Reply to
Elder

Are any of the above all that economical though? And once you run on SVO will paying the road fuel related tax negate any price advantages? A farmer mate had a Nissan Terrano van which seemed pretty handy.

Still though for cheapness of running an estate will be better surely, less 4x4 gubbins to go wrong, cheaper tyres and better aerodynamics plus lower weight mean better fuel consumption.

Thought about an LPG converted Vaux Omega/Volvo/Benz estate? You could even afford to run a V8 on gas! Word on the street is that come what may, LPG is the best option medium term to mitigate against oil price hikes although that could just be related to Australia and other countries that produce more LPG than they do crude oil.

What are paddles and stocks?

Reply to
fishman

You *really* don't want to know.

But think 'the Gimp'.

Reply to
SteveH

You seem very familiar with the business industry I'm moving into? Thanks to some vegan friends complaining about a lack of non-leather toy choices, it got me thinking maybe there was a way off the dole. After over 200 job applications, for many fields of work and only 2 interviews in 6 months I was getting pretty disheartened.

Reply to
Elder

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 04:20:10 -0700, fishman ranted:

Probably not.

You can use 2000 litres of SVO / Home made oil without bothering the taxman at all. I expect that's why the price of SVO in the supermarket suddenly jumped up from £1.20 for 3 litres to £2.30 back in July 07 when the law changed..

I reckon Carl's best bet - if he has space - would be a s**te old Xantia estate, and keep the Lexus for best. If he wants really weird, an XM diesel estate. Good ones are *very* good. Shite ones are *amazingly* s**te. They run very well on SVO, as long as you don't get an HDi.

LPG has hit 80p/litre down here. I'm *so* glad I sold my LPG Cherokee, it'd be bankrupting me now. LPG was 41p/litre when I ran it, back in 2007/8

See above. It probably is.

S&M related items?

Reply to
Mike P

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:14:33 +0100, Elder ranted:

Bloody good idea. Best of luck with it.

I had the same experience. Wasn't pleasant. Was causing me quite a lot of stress. Then, out of the blue, I landed a top job that I only went to for interview practice as I was sure I wouldn't get it!

Reply to
Mike P

That has to be one of the all-time classic UKRCM lines of all time!

There I was recently writing an article about the new Audi A7 filling a niche within a niche, well here we are with a whole new one!

Good luck with it.

Reply to
fishman

I'm sure we did this before the IS was bought, too - and concluded that an older oil burning estate was the answer.

AOL. The most 'niche' product line I've ever seen, but I'm sure there's some kind of market for it.

Reply to
SteveH

Nice one. What did you get? I'm afraid they are like crack. Once you get one you just want more.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston