Thanks

Well, some months after

I wanted to say to thanks to the group for alerting me to the correct price to pay for an 80's hot hatch i.e. to halve the asking price. And specifically to RichardK for mentioning the Golf GTi.

The #300 I spent on my Golf has easily been the best bang per buck I've had out of a car (and I've had a few). Yes, it failed the MOT last week, but the only major issue was a seized rear caliper (which had ground down the pads, which had ruined the disks). Sorted all that out this weekend, though.

But the build quality is fabulous, it starts first time, every time, and without the rear offside brake locked on, I'm sure it will go like the clappers! *cough*

Now somebody stop me buying a 205 GTi at a similar price to complement it. ;)

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

Eee, thanks :) I'm glad someone pays attention.

How's the economy - what kind did you get, pre or post '88 model? £300 is a very good price, so what works and doesn't - got a functional MFA, rust-free tailgate, etc, or is it more 'careworn'?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Ah, never mind the question about what kind it was, it was so long ago I forgot you'd snapped up a good bargain Digifant model.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK