The BX - impressions

I refer you to the answer I gave earlier.... there's a lot of plastic in the bodyshell of a BX.

I'm trying to recall the last time I actually saw one in the wild, but can't. Perhaps that's because they've mostly spat LHM all over someone's drive and been scrapped......

Reply to
SteveH

So it doesn't rot away to nothing. Which is what you want when you buy an elderly car, right?

How much did you pay for your 75?

I see way more BXs in the wild. I've never seen a 75 actually moving. Either that or I mistook it for a Volvo. I never mistook a BX for anything but.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Well spotted. That was very thoughtful of the French. Maybe the Italians should have tried that. Their cars might be worth a bit more now if they did!

I see plenty, but not many 75s.

Anyway, I bore of this. As I said I couldnt really give a toss what you think, my car's quicker than your car, and now I'm gonna get ready to go to a beer festival. Goodbye

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In the bodyshell? None really. Bonnet, boot, some trim. The bits which would fail an MOT for rot are still traditional metal.

I still see them quite often - rather more than 75s. But then I suspect rather more were sold in the first place.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I believe Citroen made more than 2 million of them.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No there isn't.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

It's an advantage, but it's also and advantage that the 75 doesn't randomly piss LHM around the place.

600 quid.

Agreed.

Reply to
SteveH

It's quicker than one of my cars, but not the other..... and mine's not leaking LHM either ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Reasonably unlikely IME.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Aww, you're so funny when you're wrong.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Which one is quicker than the 950kg 165bhp BX? The 150bhp 156? Or the

150bhp Marea? The 150bhp 75 perhaps?
Reply to
DanTXD

Well, for a start, the BX never had 165bhp, and it weighs 1070kgs.....

Early ones had 160bhp, Cat models 148bhp.

An early one is quicker than the Marea (just), a Cat equipped model about the same.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Didn't you have to have it welded up to pass MOT?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Cats? Pah theyre for pansies. 160bhp all the way for me! Yay!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Mine wont be soon - forty quid for an 'octopus' and it'll be all sorted. I'd like to think it was quicker than all, but i dont really know tbh - the fiat might give it a run for its money but you'll be getting rid of that for a chug pug soon anyway :p

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Right.

Back to basics. We've established that Carl's BX is more powerful, less rusty (because some bits of it are plastic - as if that's a bad thing) and cost less than your Alfa Romeo 75.

Yes it is oddball, but so are Alfa 75s. I bet they sold more hot BXs than hot 75s in this country, so popularity is relative.

"Now go away or I will taunt you a second time."

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hmmm, it's about 0.5s faster to 60mph, but I'd expect aerodynamics to take over as you approached 100mph.

Reply to
SteveH

I've driven a Bravo 5-pot. I was very, very underwhelmed by it.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Drag coeff of 0.325 apparently for the bx. Not too bad I dont think

Reply to
Carl Gibbs