The 'What have you been listening to' thread again

So, what's everyone else been listening to in the car recently?

Personally I've been listening to the radio a lot, but the CDs doing the rounds (I'm not flash enough to have anywhere to plug an MP3 player in) are -

Angels & Airwaves new album Offspring Greatest Hits Blink 182 Greatest Hits & Live in Sydney 2000 Arctic Monkeys new album

That's about it really :-)

What about you lot?

Reply to
DanTXD

A lot of Jack Johnson back catalogue. So relaxing it's quite dangerous really. There's a Kaiser Chiefs CD in the middle of the CD changer somewhere and when that comes on it makes me jump!

Reply to
fishman

K, I got the iPod hardwired into the car now, so I got a good choice :) I've got the following on a playlist, on shuffle:

Pennywise: back catalogue NOFX: Heavy Petting Zoo, So Long and Thanks For All the Shoes, Pump up the Vallum, The Decline, War on Errorism, Never Trust a Hippy Cake: back catalogue Fugazi: back catalogue No Fun At All: ep's Going Steady No Use For A Name: Hard Rock Bottom, Making Friends, The Daily Grind Dropkick Murphys: back catalogue Slapshot: back catalogue DRI: 4 of a Kind Dag Nasty: Field Day, Wig Out At Denko's Bad Religion: No Control, Recipe For Hate, The New America Firehose: If'n, Ragin Full On Lagwagon: Hoss, Trashed Mighty Mighty Bosstones: Let's Face It Rammstein: back catalogue Reel Big Fish: Everything Sucks Rosetta Stone: Hiding in Waiting, On The Side Of Angels, The Tyrrany of Inaction Sick of It All: Scratch The Surface Slayer: back catalogue Tenpole Tudor: Swords of A Thousand Men (the best of album) Prodigy: Their Law The Soviettes: back catalogue The Unseen: Explode, Lower Class Crucifixion

plus some other shit. Keeps me going, it's nice to be able to take it out of the car and keep listening when I'm in the office...

Reply to
Abo

Another Jack Johnson fan here. Corinne Bailey Ray Plus Hard_fi, Skindred, Paul Weller, and a load of old Ska bands (The Specials, Prince Buster, the Selecter, The Beat)

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Road noise - the joy of motorway commuting in 67 bhp of throbing power in an insurance courtesy car :-)

Reply to
Grant

Dio "Holy Diver" and "Last in Line" Frank Zappa's "Overnight Sensation" and "One Size Fits All" Dave Gilmour's "On an Island"

God, I must sound like a right old bastard!

How your bass playing coming along? Should be at it 6 hours every day ;-)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

I tried that, it made my finger bleed :)

I can play Seven Nation Army pretty welll now :D

Reply to
DanTXD

That's the idea, ya lightweight! :-)

LOL - come back when you can properly emulate Jaco Pastorius :-D

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I don't know who that is :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People say I am Supertramp - Crisis, what Crisis? Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here & Dark Side of the Moon Alabama 3 - Exile on Coldharbour Lane Simon and Garfunkel - Concert in Central Park Rammstein - Reise, Reise Dave Gilmour - On an Island Kaiser Chiefs - Employment Roger Waters - Amused to Death Genesis - Selling England by the Pound Goldfrapp - Supernature

Reply to
Pete M

Or Les Claypool

Reply to
Abo

I'm a pixel or two on the inside cover of the Arctic Monkeys album. Spent a morning with them before Xmas while they did a photo shoot around Liverpool. On I think it's the first song on the album, there's a comment about girls hanging from limo windows, so I ended up wasting most of a morning sitting at various pedestrian crossings while Alex crossed the road in front of the limo.

Was a bit gutted to find the results were my limo being shrunk down to about

1/2 inch in size and looking like it's an advert in a shop window for Starlight Limos - one of our competitors :-|. Can't see me at all, bastards.

Alex is ok though, quiet but quite funny.

Reply to
Pete M

Weather Report.. he was a bit like a Jimi Hendrix of the bass, but it's jazz and I guess that isn't your scene ;)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

It's bad luck to mention Jaco don't you know...

P.S. My greatest brag of all time - I saw Weather Report, with Jaco when they were here around 1978.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

twas a bit of offspring and napalm death on the way to work this morning :)

Reply to
Rob

Prodigy.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

The Postal Service Hacienda Classics (not sold on it, really - insufficient familiar stuff) Wang Chung's Greatest Hits Peaches: Teaches of Peaches War of the Worlds

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I picked up a cheap Stagg fretless t'other day. Quite impressed with it really, and much happier to just much around with it (my usual bass is a

1984 Roland G77b, which is kinda rare).

Fingers bleeding is a GOOD thing.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Mine's a Stagg :-) Although it has frets cos I have no skills . When I have skills, I want one of these....

DanTXD

How cheap is cheap, when it comes to fretless basses? Ages back I had a brief play on one and I quite fancy one.

Reply to
AstraVanMan