The 'What have you been listening to' thread again

Same as any other instrument. You've got to play it and then decide. There are 1200 quid clunkers and 120 quid sweeties in all the shops.

My bass is a Jazz five string deluxe active. Fretless is a wolf 4 string which I Jaco'd myself - it has a beautifull Mwahhh around the 8th-10th 'fret'. (Not that it has frets of course).

John F - 27 years at the bass so far :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Lord, are you like, dead good?

I jammed with my mate tonight :-) We played greenday...

Reply to
DanTXD

I can see your tongue in your cheek from, like, here.....

I get by...

TBH, my list of sins comitted in bass buying over the years is equal or greater to my car buying indiscretions.

Overwater, Wal, Jaydee, Status (x3), Steinberger, Fender (72 Jazz - not a reissue), Yamaha, Washburn, Ibanez - I could go on, but I've had them all and flogged them again :-(((((

Then there's amps - I'll stop before I think too hard about it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Just got back from a lengthly jamming session. I learnt all kindsa stuff :-) I'm a big Blink 182 fan, but most of their stuff is dead fast, and as such, not really beginner friendly.

Reply to
DanTXD

£99 (well, I paid £119 because I wanted the new black one, instead of the used-but-as-new sunburst) - or less, on eBay, but expect to be faffing around getting it aligned and intoned.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

How did you find the Steinbergers? I see a Kramer alu neck is missing in there, too, a grave ommission for such a collection!

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I want a Godin A4 -

Or the aforementioned fretless G77b

Except, I'd like a black one.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Never heard the Godin basses, but their acoustics are amazing if you need a big amplified acoustic sound.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

What - no musicman?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I can't be arsed to use the MP3 when I'm local, got an iRiver H320 wired into an Alpine head unit.

In the CD drive is an MP3 disc with Jem, Roxette, Michael Jackson and the new Whitesnake live album on it. Whitesnake rock.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp