Things you see from your window...

Been sat here for quite a few days now, healing and drinking char. The guy who lives on the road behind me, who has a Silver Evo VI, appears to have just taken delivery of a Mk1 Corolla (AE86 is it they're called?). Its two tone i think, purple top, bumpers and door bottoms are white. It has a shiny twin pipe exhaust, and thats all i can see at the mo :)

Its quite nice actually, has anyone ever owned one of these? They're quite well thought of by you retro types aren't they?

Reply to
DanTXD

From my bedroom window this afternoon I can see:

2 non poppy headlight 200SXs Porsche 924 turbo Jag E Type Audi S4 My Carlton - nice

Bearing in mind this is the heart of studentland I don't think I'm doing too badly.

I've seen crazy assed jap videos of people doing silly things in them. Like a video from a hotted up skyline being pulled away from by some loony in one of those corollas.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

A guy who is always seeded around us on events has one (more or less standard) and its fairly swift (on par with say a 309 GTi), but it has the benfit of a great engine and RWD, and being jap its probably easy to squeeze a few more ponies from it! Doesnt say much but I could rarely keep up with him in my 205 XS

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

PS from my window I can see or driveway full of Pugs and my Volvo and a load of dull newish VWs, Fords, Fiats and Rovers. The joys of suburbia! I'll go out for a drive in the Volvo in a mo with the exhuast manifold hanging off, that should wake all the oldies up!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I had one a few years ago, good fun to drive but a bit underpowered as standard.

Reply to
Homer

would love one but a) they rust and b) there pricy what i do like is the 4AGE engine as i have one in my MK1 :)

there's a green/black one at JAE with a wide arch kit and pop up lights, looked the nuts and had some serious tweeking done i was told!

Vamp

Just for anorak-ness.

IT'S NOT A MK 1 COROLLA!

They were first made in the bloody 60s.

It is, however, an AE86 if it's the pointy Trueno type. I like them. Just saw two on an ancient Clarkson thing on TV, being abused horribly by spotty prat teenagers at a Max Power show.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

The AE86 Trueno or Hachi Roku as they are called in Japan are at legend status for drifting. A decent condition one in Japan cost a fortune. Check out the Initial D manga cartoons to see how crazy the japs are for them.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

i was refering to my MK1 MR2 :)

Reply to
Vamp

No, Dan called the car a Mk. 1 Corolla ;)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

well say who your talking to next time :)

speaking of old toyota's remember the 70's (i think) celica? complete escort rip off :)

Reply to
Vamp

Meh!

Escort?! Noooo. Mustang. 70s Celicas were supposed to be the Japanese Mustang.

The Corolla looked a little like an Escort, I suppose.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB