Think your car's cool? Submit pics and let the people decide.

First car that came up was a Lotus Carlton. I gave it the obligitary 10, to see that the average vote is 5.something. Lack of clue...

Reply to
Doki

You can sell your car here too.

Reply to
Tizer001

Yeah, I voted a 10 for it. Average is now 3.95

Either someone is thinking a complete load of Pony, or their algorith for working out the averages is completley screwed.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Who's put that grotty SAAB on?

Reply to
Doki

bit like:

hehe

Though you probably wont read this, your site is a bit flawed.. I went through the 6 or so cars once with my real opinions, but then went through again voting 0 for all of them except my least favourite which I gave 10, and repeated that several times and it affected the rating. It shouldn't do that. Some monkey is going to upload his car and then vote 10 for it repeatedly which makes the ratings pointless. It wouldn't be difficult to build in some basic IP address validation - like maybe hold a day's worth of IP addresses that have voted for a particular motor and check new votes against it, so that you couldn't vote for your own more than once a day.. or maybe make it 2 or 3 days depending on how many hits you get.. that would put off your casual tosspot.

Also, where are the results of the "what would you spend your 10/50k on?" polls? Also, specify a background colour in the BODY tag of your main page - not least to make it consistent with some of the other pages, but if you don't it means the background takes on the windows desktop/windows colour. In my case, that is not the default white but a light-grey (white is too bright for me!) which makes the page look completely crap.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

LOL, is it there already. Cool.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Why only vote once? The voting page is just a back click away...

Dunno, I got it up to 6.5 before I felt the old RSI twinging....

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

I could have done without clicking on that link, but that's curiousity for you.

Thanks for the comments Bigus. We only just put the site online today and it's true there are a few quirks with it. We're going to keep updating it in the next few weeks to iron out some minor bugs etc. We will be doing some form of validation asap to stop people bumping up the ratings. As for the voting, we'll put a link to the results (soon as my mate gets his fat ass into gear).

Once again, thanks for the comments.

Admin,

Tizer001

lol

[..]

np.. btw, I didn't mean to sound like I didn't like the site, cos I quite enjoy those rating sites (well, not ratemypoo, but I spent many an idle minute going through the women on

hehe).

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Having just looked i can't help but note Chet's 21 has the highest rating...i sense a distubance in the force.

Reply to
Dan405

A much normal ballance has been resumed.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

LOL i'm still runnin 3rd!!

-- Chet

Chet

Hehe, another Poo Followed I see. The missus loves that site :)

Reply to
Lordy

Just added my TVR ...

Reply to
Jay

MeatballTurbo raved thus:

I see your motor's on there...

Abo

Reply to
Abo

Bigus raved thus:

:: np.. btw, I didn't mean to sound like I didn't like the site, cos I :: quite enjoy those rating sites (well, not ratemypoo, but I spent :: many an idle minute going through the women on

:: hehe).

Like this:

Abo

Reply to