This is gonna do wonders for my image....

Bring the noise!!!!!

Just picked it up. 58k miles, lots of history, little rust, t&t, all for

200 of my hard earnt pounds. OK, it's not very exciting but it'll get me the 30 miles to the SD1 at the weekends and I wont have to fill the C1 up with dirty crap any more.

I'll give it a check over saturday to see how good it really is - reckon it'll need some brake discs at least.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

OMFG.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

errm......... cool

Reply to
Vamp

Damn straight it is.

Tarten rug and flat cap are on order.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Where the f*ck are you going to put stuff in that? It's got a boot. You're not going to be putting doors, tailgates or metal bumpers in that.

In fact as a parts hauler, a saloon is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Reply to
Conor

I saw a 1.3L metal bumpered Maestro in Brid a couple of months ago too. Didn't think any of them survived.

Reply to
Conor

They made metal bumpered Maestros? My memory must be going weird.

Reply to
Pete M

Is this what Conor's on about?

Mike P

Urrgh. Yup, I remember 'em now. Ewwww.

Little bit of trivia, the Maestro was the first production car with colour coded plastic bumpers (other than that monstrosity above)[1]

[1] Should that be Montegostrosity?
Reply to
Pete M

Yep. The pikey spec ones had metal rather than porcelain bumpers.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Surely it's a classic now.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Awesome! I'm actually jealous, and I don't understand why...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Hmm. I feel strangley jealous too. Weird..

Reply to
Mike P

When you're done with it, drop a turboed T-series in there for a giggle...

Reply to
andytucker

Is it that beige colour? My mate's dad had one of those, he had to buy it because he managed to crash it on the test drive. Into another car. Which he pulled out of a junction in front of. His insurance paid out on the damage to the other car as he was insured to drive other vehicles. You'd think the fact that they paid out would satisfy the court. Apparantly not, they did him for no insurance and he got 8 points; some sort of issue around them not believing he was on the test drive, and was on the way home from buying it? It was a while back, maybe 15 years ago.

And I ended up fixing the Montego

Reply to
Abo

The only big things that need to go over are bumpers and a complete outer sill and since the rear seats go down it's perfect. And the boot is pretty damn big. Most of the time it'll just be me and a few odds n sods though, so chocolare fireguard it is not. I wouldnt have bought it otherwise FFS!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well, he has the option to junk the rear seats, and I can't imagine the C1 offers a lot more space. Also as he says, the C1 is a new car and filling it with dirty, oily SD1 spares isn't going to keep it new smelling and looking for long heh :-). My 206 still had new car smell after 3 years, I was sure of it, but no one else (except my mate Dave, with the Corsa VXR, the nearly new Zafira SRi 1.8 and one baby - cars and kids added to put weight behind his opinion.... heh) agreed with me...

Reply to
DanB

Bloody hell, funny should mention that - well, not a T-series, but there's a Montego Turbo outside a garage I deliver to now and again (and pass within a stone's throw of most days) that's clearly off the road and awaiting someone doing something with it - if you want I could ask about it - noticed it ages back and thought "I wonder if anyone I know might want that?"......

Reply to
AstraVanMann

That's s**te - did the garage not back up the story that he was test-driving it? Lunacy, that.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I'll take the alloys :)

Reply to