This is gonna do wonders for my image....

I bought a four year old 1600 Montego Estate for a job in the early '90s - it was just the right size for three people and the gear. It did some 5000 miles in two months and never missed a beat. Only 'problem' was the unassisted steering when parking. Sold it to a neighbour at a slight profit after the job finished - and he promptly lost his job and had to move house. So don't know what happened to it after that. The computer controlled SU and ignition worked extremely well - must have been the one non Friday car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

OAP Chic it mate. Cut spring slammed, Banded steels with stretched tyres, Beaded sear cover, Huge tail pipe exhaust. Sparks on speedbumps.

Reply to
Elder

Ah, it was a private sale. Knowing my mate's dad he might well have been on his way home from the test drive, and didn't dare tell his wife lol

Reply to
Abo

Definitely worth a trip to your GP before you are sectioned.

Reply to
James R

Bead seat cover - yes Other tat - no thanks!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs