those injectory things

Plenty of converted ones out there. A mate of mine had one - not perfect - a bit shabby like many 309s are these days. Went well though. I think he sold it for £700 in the end. He bought it for less than that.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Do you know what the insurance was like on one with an engine swap compared to a normal one as that's what puts me off? Then again I shouldn't care anymore as it won't be that much more now. There's a 309 gti auto on ebay that I'm tempted by at the mo. How hard would it be to fit a 1.6 box if i'm anoyed by the auto? My nan had a 205 auto that didn't feel any slower in geat than a gti so I could probably live with it.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

Chris Knott charged him about £25 extra on a standard GTi, because the capacity remained the same. Crazy!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Not sure which, but some are ebhind the dash,a nd some are under one of the front seats.

Reply to
Elder