TI Update...

You can't stereotype cars in this situation, though. A lot of modern cars will have plastic reflectors / lenses and sticking 130w bulbs in there isn't recommended.

The wiring is also something that can't be judged by brand, either - all manufacturers will get away with using the thinnest / cheapest wire they can.

A reasonable quality head unit and speakers are all that's needed.

Amps won't make the blindest bit of difference, other than making it louder than you need.

OK, but there's absolutely no reason to fill your car with amps and speakers, as it will never sound anywhere near as good as a decent domestic set-up no matter how much you spend on it.

Reply to
SteveH

Oi, it's not dodgy, only a few mill out :) But yes, they fit fine, no scraping or anything;

Not yet. Came with 215's on them, may be tempted to try 225 on the back when the next change comes up but it will probably be lowered by then so will depend on how much clearance there is on the rear suspension arm.

Managed to track it down, a lower rad pipe was touching the cooling fan

- so when the fan cut in it was biting into the pipe and had gradually worn a teensy little hole in it.

Reply to
Lordy

My stereo didn't have an internal amp, so an external add-on was essential (Kenwood 5 channel thingy to run the entire system).

But whether it sounds as good as my domestic setup is irrelevant. I personally spend more time listening to music in the car than I do at home anyways.

Reply to
Lordy

What's the point in running 225s on the back? Surely 205s would be more fun.

Reply to
Doki

If you want to try it with some fat bloaters in the back to check for arch scrapage, I'll volunteer if we all have a meet at some point.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Eh ? The more grip, the better. You don't want the rear end coming round to meet the front ! The 600 already has a light back-end.

Reply to
Nom

10mm is quite a lot I rekon :)

Your links NEVER work for me ! I can't even get to

!

Good luck ;)

Yeah, I vaugely remember your Rovertorque post. It's a common issue on the TI - bad design really.

Reply to
Nom

Exactly :P

Not really practical on a road car though. I imagine emergency stops from speed would be a barrell of fun.

Reply to
Doki

Any recommended (cheapest) supplier for the BD disc & RS pads? My discs seem to have warped yet again, as the car shudders alot when braking :(

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

I was using a very high quality 20kw system the other week

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Exactly :P

Remember the 600 is a *BIG* car. You'd be taking up *LOTS* of road if you were sideways.

The ABS would sort it out :)

Reply to
Nom

Yup, this is exactly the approach I went for. The reason I have Amp/Sub/6x9s is precisely BECAUSE the car is such a poor environment. It needs to be loud, in order to drown out all the road/wind/tyre noise.

Reply to
Nom

for the Black Diamond Discs - go for theGrooved only, not the Drilled and Grooved. They're about £130 for the pair,IIRC.

for the Redstuff pads. They're about £60 incVAT and Post.

Phone both places to make your order - they sometimes take a while to respond to E-Mail and the like.

Reply to
Nom

It's crappy Portland, spends more time down than it does up. Just keep trying and it'll work sooner or later.

Reply to
Lordy

w00t, it's working right now :D

Looks rather nice I think. Although, it seems to look much higher than mine ? I guess it's just the style of the rims.

Reply to
Nom

aye that badly needs lowering. also the tow bar needs removing :P other than that, very nice.

Reply to
Theo

reminds me of what all the black kiddies drive round this way.

Reply to
Theo

No car needs lowering for UK roads. I've got 17" rims on mine too, and I have no plans whatsoever to lower it.

Then how would he tow his trailer ?

Reply to
Nom

not a bad looking motor - very shiney! wanna clean mine?

oh, and nice parking :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Surely it should be a caravan coupled to an old mans car like a 600 ;) Although racing bad boy novas with a carvan on the back would be mighty amusing!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs