To the driver of the Audi S3 on the A465 this morning

You need to get a really s**te old car again, then you have to drive to its physical limits to get anywhere :) Unless the gearbox falls out.... But then the AX has re-educated me in driving /really/ s**te old cars.

Reply to
Dan405

You've got an AX now then?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Courtesy car :)

Reply to
Dan405

If they're being polite by letting you have a Citroen AX, I'd hate to get on their wrong side. :)

Reply to
DervMan

But it IS polite ! Clearly it's better than no car at all !

Dan's got the AX, so I'm hoping for the late-80s 1.0 Micra Automatic when the TI goes in for new discs and pads next week :D

Reply to
Nom

/me predicts that within 24 hours of Dervy's post some bright spark comes out with "well it could be worse, they could have given him a Ka"/

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hehehehe, what could be worse than a Ka, I wonder?

:)

Two Kas?

:p

Reply to
DervMan

My fave is still the 106 with the 'special' suspension :)

Reply to
Dan405

I can't imagine any other garage would give me a courtesy, for as long as necesary, when i'm 21, and have about 6 months of bills outstanding :)

The local indy near me and Nom *rocks*. The AX is most comedy as well, i thought mine sounded bad with a knackered 'box, this has so many suspension knocks and rattles that it nearly makes up for the fact there is no radio :D

Reply to
Dan405

'Special'? Does it whip into silly oversteer on seemingly benign corners or something else?

This garage sounds like fun.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Now if I were you, I'd cast doubts upon your honesty at this point. But I won't.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Not oversteer so much as 4 wheel drifts....

:)

Reply to
Dan405

From the "we'vegotadrummachine" rattle and popping noise coming from your car the last time we met, can you tell the difference?

:)

Okay okay I'll stop snipering, heh! :$

Reply to
DervMan

No, the rattle was your tappets when you started you rattly old kent up ;)

Only cos i am winning :)

Reply to
Dan405

/Dervy making up some special plates for his Ka!/

You think?

/Dervy goes to find some speed cameras/

Reply to
DervMan

You mean a Ka actually has enough power to exceed the speed limit?

Reply to
SteveH

According to Ford, the 1.3 Endura-E equipped Ka with PAS and the 4.06 final drive will reach a true 96 mph.

Reply to
DervMan

in news:1gikyw0.f8zcxs15bom8hN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) slurred :

Of course. York has quite a few 20mph areas now.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Dan got the 106 for a couple of days, and told me it was hella bust - drifted everywhere. I got it a couple of days later whilst the TI was getting an exhaust. Drove it to work, and thought "This feels a bit wierd !" - so I drove to the airline at the garage. Three of the tyres were down to 20psi-ish - one of the rears was down to 12psi IIRC :)

It was fine after that !

He's just the local UniPart garage that we use - sells bangers on the side, so he's always happy to lend us one when we're getting work done.

Reply to
Nom

Hurrah - I came to work in the AX !

If you floor it and turn, it goes "brdrdrdrdrdrdrrdrd".

If you turn left whilst driving, there's a loud "wish-ch-wish-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-wish-ch-wish" from the rear of the car.

If you change gear at all ever, it goes "clonk knock wob".

Kick ass :D

Reply to
Nom