Today's Meet

I'll let Pete (AVM) tell the story of what he did ;-)

Was a nice meet, chippy lived up to standards, Conor bought the drinks, and I got my arse massaged (not linked to the drinks buying).

Nice little day out.

Reply to
Iridium

Sounds a bit gay, but glad you had fun.

My day's been a mixture of mod'ing, fixing and studying. Woo hoo(!)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Iridium, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

I'm still sure it wasn't me....

I didn't go for the massage on the way home, but a grand day out, as Wallace and Gromit would say.

Enjoyed the ride in the PikeyDrugDealerMobile as well.

All was good, so it's Knockhill next time then?

Reply to
Pete M

Apparently so...

Reply to
Iridium

Aye!

Might be a bit too far for you, Dan - too many corners to potentially lose it! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Aie a pity I had to miss it. Still, I did tell Charlie I was going to the next one, even if it was at Monaco. She didn't argue.*

*Actually she's said very little today, having been asleep for most of it.
Reply to
DervMan

I'm just in.

Missed Top Gear. Downloading now.

Mini review of meet:

Journey there: Left circa 9am. Got there fine.

Meet: Several cheery people on show. Chips were nice. Good craic.

Dan's car wins prize for being dirtyest. And having the smallest boot(s).

Carl's bland japanese barge was very adjustable, and had very obliging and friendly rear seats.

AstraPeterMan wins the bravery prize for daring to turn up in something FWD.

I looked up Scouse in the dictionary and it just said "PeteM".

Conor's exit left quite a good black line in the car park, frightened the ducks and made some innocent bystanders look a bit surprised.

Tim's executive drift out of the car park just chewed some tarmac, left a black diesely cloud and probably made his dash light up like a Pink Floyd concert. I'd hate to have seen it if he was in a hurry. (c:

Journey home: Fuck York and the ring road system it rode in on.

Spent the night at my cousin's house near Castle Douglas (where I am sadly not lord of the Manor, despite the name) and found me some rather nice roads to get home by.

In memory of Dervy, who couldnt make it: I worked out that my fuel consumption for the journey down was 34.5mpg.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Arse. Couldn't make it in the end. The details are boring, but I was pretty gutted, especially since I spent most of the day not 25 miles away...

Anyway, I'm glad those of you who did make it had a good time; hopefully it was enjoyable enough that there will be a repeat event in the not-too-distant future. :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

LOL!

Reply to
DervMan

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Douglas Payne, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

"Ey, ey, calm down, calm down"..

I don't know what you're trying to say, Lord Dougie.

Reply to
Pete M

Just realised I was the only FWD-er there. How *very* dare me!

Is the difference between a mere "exit" and an "executive drift" broadly equivalent to the difference between an executive commuter belt development and a sink estate?

You just made me quite glad I didn't go that way. I was half thinking about going that way, then A64/M1 instead of trundling down towards Goole and picking up the M62, but didn't.

Tank one of the Golf did 34mpg, which I was pretty impressed with, especially given how it was driven. Tank 2 will probably be similar - not filled up yet. I think that driving like you don't GAF about fuel economy (within some vague amount of reason) is a good way to judge a car's economy. The Activa gets 27mpg no matter what (worst was 26mpg, but that's when it was a new toy), and I'd be happy enough if the Golf gave me a consistent

34mpg, driven in a similar manner. Though I'm still not sure which one to keep though. The Golf definitely wins at the moment, thanks to its lack of pissing LHM everywhere, lack of non-working central locking and speedo and lack of random headlight flashing shenanigans.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

What golf is this?

Reply to
Doki

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Doki, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

My old one.

Reply to
Pete M