This week I have mostly been missing out on eBay

by a few pennies here or there.

I've been after the following items:

  1. Wiper motor (front) for 300tdi

  1. Min 2000kg 50mm ball hitch (spring over run brake) like this one

  1. Sliding towbar assembly

Each time I've been sniped in the last few seconds. Bugger!

Would anyone have, lurking in the surpuls to current requirements pile, any of the above for sale?

Don't worry about (3), I've ordered a - gasp- *new* one.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

£36 - that's a rip off. You should have been glad to miss that one!
Reply to
Dougal

"As new" condition but rusty as hell?

"never been fitted" so why is the rust a different colour (paler/fresher?) around the bolt holes?

I wouldn't touch it with yours. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I thought it a good price, if the description is correct. They are £85 new.

better suggestions?

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

On or around Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:01:18 +0000, Colonel Tupperware enlightened us thusly:

bugger that - I made me own, copied the one on the other disco.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:17:56 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

specially as it's only suitable for old trailers - it's *not* suitable for home-build new ones, if you want to comply with regulations. Since 1987 (ISTR) new trailers have to have damped couplings and auto-reverse brakes. That applies whether or not you make it yourself.

'course, you can always claim to have rebuilt an old one, but then again, if it's got all new parts...

the spring coupling is still legit for replacement on old trailers.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm converting an ex army trailer from spring over run Nato eye to

50mm ball. I can't find a date on the trailer , I suspect it is early 90s, but I know the model from my own service which finished in '87.
Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

On or around Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:50:10 +0000, Colonel Tupperware enlightened us thusly:

If it's already spring coupling, then AFAIK it's OK to replace it with another spring coupling.

Reply to
Austin Shackles