This week I have been mostly...

...using the Saab as my mobile office or in hospital. 1,200 miles, just under 30 hours, one Garmin i2 and my usual office computery trickery. Lots of it in fog, lots on the motorway. Mum's poorly and will be in hospital until after Christmas. Kept on getting calls from the nurses to come and sort her out, she's giving 'em aggravation. :-p

Anyway suffice to say I'll be quiet for the next few days, at least... but I'll leave you with one final thought. I still don't get the benefit of a soft touch dashboard... ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

Happy Christmas mate, hope mom has the most comfortable Christmas she is able to.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Seconded.

Reply to
Conor

Been in hospital over Xmas sucks, I just got home yesterday and don't have to go back till 2nd January :-)

Hope your ma recovers and gets home ASAP. If she's well enough to give them agro, this is a good sign heh. I've done a lot of miles recently, and I'm still not sure if I do have a soft touch dashboard or not...

Reply to
Iridium

Tell your mum to get well soon, and you and Charlie have a good Xmas.

Reply to
Elder

Good order. I knew you were in but didn't know if you were in over Christmas.

Driving through the fog was kinda neat for the first ten hours... :)

Reply to
DervMan

If you need a break - gimme a call - I'm in the middle!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ya that isn't a bad idea, I've tended to leave Boston at about, hmm, 20:00 or so. That means getting back for 22:30 or so.

Reply to
DervMan

Well, you know my number - phone on all christmas holiday!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ya! Wretched 'phone often doesn't recognise my voice over the diesel clatter and it's almost always in my bag in the boot...

I expect I'll or we'll be going most days until Mum's out. Don't know when she'll be out of course...

Reply to
DervMan

"DervMan" wrote in news:458c82f0$0$32021$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk:

Best wishes Dervy, If mum is giving the nurses aggro, thats a good thing. With that mileage going on, you'll be glad to have the Saab, I know I was glad of the Volvo seats when I did the same with my Dad. Christmas was actually quite fun in hospital in the old days, dunno about now though ;-) Anyway, take care, and I hope she gets better soon.

Reply to
Tunku

The most remarkable thing about the Saab has been... well just that. Nothing. Nothing unremarkable. No sore backs, no mysterious noises, just, it's worked.

Having it wash my headlights for me is a _real_ boon in this wretched weather too!

Reply to
DervMan

"DervMan" wrote in news:458db281$0$31230$da0feed9 @news.zen.co.uk:

That, apart from the seats is what I miss most about the Volvo, now I'm driving a bloody base model ZX 1.9D. It's amazing how quickly the headlights get feeble with all the crap that sticks to them at this time of year.

Reply to
Tunku

Saab seats are very good. They didn't suit me "so" well, but they are the better of the cars I've had. And they suit almost all others perfectly.

Not just wash, but wash and wipe. That is the real bonus.

Reply to
Elder