Track day thoughts..

Have I every told you I think you are a lucky lucky bastard.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I'll take that as a compliment :-)

On the other hand: the grass is always greener at the other side of the pond and the pond to Oz is somewhat big. We imagine the grass to be there of the deeper shade of green.

Just seen a race of the V8-cars on Mount Panorama: made the eyes water.

I suggest that we simply stop working and tour the world for the famous circuits to race on. There is that nagging question of money but we'll solve that when it occurs ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

It was.

All I have to do is sell the house, divorce the wife, put my son on ebay and we're golden.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Sounds plan. How much are first-born going for these days?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

When you push to the limit, which I tend to do just to find out where it is, the amount of grip you have basically translates into how fast you are going when you spin it.

A car with pitiful levels of grip is great fun, because you can slide it about without worrying too much as you are only doing 40 when you hit the gravel. The same event at 190 mph in an F1 car would be a totally different game involving some serious dry cleaning bills.

Reply to
Questions

I imagine a health white baby should bring in a few bucks on ebay. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Does the excuse of 'this is my first time' wash here :) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Nope. Not if you have a driving licence at any rate! ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Ah f*ck it - i could probably reverse up the strip quicker than a Ka ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

heh autobox... That's me and alistwat sorted for beating the Ka.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Holding it against the brakes :) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

I'll be very tempted to come with a friend, and pick up a car on the way (split the cost of the car)

If you /tow/ a car with another car does the car being towed need to be taxed / mot'd / insured if it's not on a trailer?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Maybe the Elk will need to, somehow I think the Alpina won't need any help to run a significantly faster quarter than the Ka.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Technically yes, but I was once pulled over on the M25 in one of my Carltons, towing another Carlton that happened to have no sump, or any form of lights, front or rear, and they basically said "you've bought this for spares then?", asked a few questions, and I was on my merry way. So I'd say that you should manage ok if you bought it from someone local to the track, and dumped it afterwards ;-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The WRX would destroy it but it would give the Charger a run for it's money. Probably be a close race with Wifeys Musso.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Unless your performance issue has been resolved, your diesel-drinking A-class is a second and a half or so slower to 60 than our Ka... It should be interesting to see the difference on the strip. You up for a York RWYB at some point?

Reply to
DervMan

Lining up a Ka next to an auto-diesel-elkmachine is liable to lots of pointing and laughing.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I get that all the time and it doesn't bother me... :)

Okay, how about we have two elks that will trundle out at the quarter mile point, so we have to go around too? :)

Who has the camera?

Reply to
DervMan

I've got the camera.