travel tax

Like I said noyhings perfect but some errors are inevitable. But the majority of the time the bad guys are the ones that lose out. Id rather get the odd mistake than see a nail bomber in a shopping centrefor eg get away with it. They have more to fear than I do.

Reply to
Burgerman

Make bikes compulsory ban cars.

Reply to
Burgerman

With mistaken identity, and no accountability, we all have the same to fear. People in grey suits devise laws, people in black suits pass laws, and people in fluorescent jackets enforce them. Who polices the police?

I don't trust coppers to be decent anymore. Which is a real shame.

Do you know that since they came into power, Tony's cronies have passed on average more than one new law a day. Quite often, when there was already a law in place that could already deal with the "crime" committed.

Also, they brought in ASBOs which circumvent the justice system and punish those not tried and convicted. They also brought in CCTV as a standard way of policing "for security reasons", yet it couldn't stop the worst attrocity on the mainland for

10 years or more.

You cannot legistlate crime out of existance. Crime evolves as fast as politicians. Quite often with politicians.

I'm seriously sick of this country. So few people vote, then moan, but do nothing. At least I vote. I can moan and I can campaign and complain.

Reply to
Elder

Speed cameras / RIP act? Prove you weren't driving this car, prove you can't decrypt this file...

Reply to
Doki

Sorry Carl but that is modern times for you and your accurate description is the same or worse elesewhere. It happens all the times where organisations loose their initial goal out of sight and start to work for themselves.

The UK-situation is a fair few degrees better than what we have on the mainland: Belgium just experienced a increase of "rules" by about 9% in

2006, that being 200 pages *a day* of new laws.

It was so much that ouw laws -formerly printed in "Het Staatsblad"- are now only available through electronic means because the presses were not able to print and distribute them fast enough. We even had to make an extra law (!) because Belgian Law stated that laws could only enter in service when published.

Hey: we even have a minister "for administrational simplyfying" who takes credit for a job well done...

Do we moan? Yep, we moan, we pay taxes (a f-word lot) and we vote (obliged by law). Does that help?

The biggest party of Belgium is banned from power because what it says is not to the liking of the politicans in power.

Happy 2007 and back to cars-talk!!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor