Tumbleweeds

Was just about to post "Death of Usenet, more at 11" Maybe everyone has hibernated.

Mind you Carl G hasn't posted a what car for a while, and I haven't found a rare but cheesey peice of Japanese tat for a few weeks, oh and Pete was in CZ, so there go the main posts.

Reply to
Elder

Whenever I come in for a look, I usually see that the posts are buried somewhere deep in a thread where it ceased having a point and is usually a scrap between two people who have long forgotten the original thread.

I don't see the point in contributing to that kind of stuff.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Maybe everyone has gone to Argleton and disappeared into the Lancashire Triangle.

Reply to
Elder

S'not exactly the time of year we think about modding cars....

Hah ! as if anyone actually talks about modifying on here :)

I went out in the Locost on Saturday around 11pm for 20mins, came back 2 hours later with a big grin on me face[1]. The MOT is due later this month and I need to find/make some bushes for the shocks, last year I bought some polys and cut 'em down to fit, but they've not worn well at all and there's no way it'll pass until it's fixed.

My tintop's fooked at the mo', it runs perfectly but starting sometimes cues clouds of blue smoke, with it being n/a I'm hopeful of it not being the turbo and it being valve oil seals ;)

I'm also on the lookout for a cheap 4-door diesel, I can't really expect the missus and the sprog (due in Feb) to clamber in the back. It's gonna upset me though, because for absolutely no reason I can work out, I love this car like no other car I've owned, I usually get bored within a few months of buying a car and start subconciously shopping for another, but not this time, weird....

[1] At least the missus was in bed, last time I went AWOL in the car, I set off to ASDA for milk, ended up 80miles away at the coast. Dead happy she was....

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Decided on a TVR. Probably in January. If all pans out (knowing my luck it probably wont).

SD1 is still slowly progressing - just ordered a mod for it. Woo!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Heheh. Isn't pointless scraps the point?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Only if you're one of the pugilists.

That mate who bought the MX5 has decided to get a hard top.

They're cheap eh ?

Not.

He's paying £300 for one painted to suit , but it's in Essex which ain't exactly Kirky, but I guess a hardtop is a good idea.

156 now for sale, looking for MK1 MX5 in red :-)
Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yay MX-5s. The one true car. Red ones go faster. I've fitted new Mazda pads to mine today. Also cheap. Not. Like quite a lot of things on my car.

£300 for a hardtop is cheap, especially if its a real Mazda one. I think they were a grand or more new or as an option. ~£500 still seems to be the going rate round these parts. £500 is also the going rate for a new fully fitted hood. Mk1s rust badly at the rear of the sills and rear arches.

Good luck.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've just made and fitted a unit which fades in and out the interior lights on the SD1. Would that do?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Friggin' Escort is taking forever to restore. It'll be worth it when it's done, but it is taking a long, long time to sort. Had to go to CZ to give the chap some money to buy repair panels - luckily with a Mk2 they're pretty much all available, but hopefully it'll be sorted before

2010.

is a load of pics of it so far.

Reply to
Pete M

300 quid for a hardtop is a bloody bargain if it's in decent condition, OEM ones are usually nearer the 500 mark.

But they're very useful.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I'm incredibly busy in real life, so there's no time for gassing on here! Mind you, it's not as if I'm the font of all car modification knowledge. Bring back TDM!

Reply to
Doki

I haven't put a spanner on a car in ages. Been focusing on bikes.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

My girlfriend has a mk1 mx-5 in red with a hardtop. Only 2 problems:-

  1. It's in Scarborough. Scarborough Western Australia
  2. We love it too much to ever sell it. Brilliant brilliant car. I am thinking a turbo kit off ebay might be a good xmas present for her. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Wow, do you have much use for a hardtop in WA?

I put the hard top on my MX-5 yesterday. It's now officially winter. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Bah I'd love another one of those. No space/time/money though :(

Reply to
Abo

There's a surprise.

Oh aye.

Yep, looks about the right state it should be for an unrestored old Ford once you start digging and poking.

Reply to
Conor

Too feckin right. Out of the burning sun and the aircon whacked on.

Reply to
Conor

Indeed, but that's what the soft top is for, shirley? The hard top realistically takes 2 people and several minutes to install/remove. The soft top goes up or down in under 3 secs.

I use my hard top to keep out the snow and ice and stop the soft top turning green during winter.

I know it's going to be too cold to put the roof down during the day, let alone the night.

I am led to believe that warm evenings in sunny countries are ideal for convertibles, although I imagine it gets chilly in deserty parts of WA at night.

Reply to
Douglas Payne