Twin Carb setup

Hey, Im looking to put Twin DCOE carbs on my Escort CVH engine, can anyone suggest any other parts I need to get upgraded so that the engine can cope with the new set-up? I have a new cam on the list with solid followers and adjustable pulley, i was not sure if i needed to get the cylinder head changed to a stage 1 or 2? ~Thanx~

Reply to
Michael Higgins

How do you mean "cope"??

If you do nothing else it will just make loads more noise and go v.slightly better at high revs. If you really want more power get valves like dustbin lids fitted,, free flowing tubular exhaust, and bump the compression up as much as you dare...

If you do all of that, fit a decent cam, it will give you about a 15 percent power increase and probably drive horribly most of the time...

Much better idea, find an old rs turbo manifold, turbo etc, and other bits and fit that! Can be done very cheap...

Reply to
Burgerman

**drive horribly most of the time...***

Ha!! That describes my tin foil citroen axgt exactly ... its only redeems itself at higher revs. You can pull away with a cold engine, slipping clutch a little, but if the clutch grips 100% with less than 1500rpm on the clock, you do a mini headbutt of the dashboard before it regains power. Its ok when warmed up, no flatspots or anything with a 285 degree cam, but none too user friendly every morning on the way to work!!

Now ... if i'd bought a corsa i would have spent the £1750 on 400bhp's worth of bodykit and alloys, but the ax is 400kg's lighter and to ugly for body mods ... so i hid the mods under the bonnet!!

Reply to
FEo2 Welder