Primera 1996 1,6 twin cam

Hi,

I dont know much about engines, but i want to get more out of it. Its too dead for me.

What do I need to buy? A turbo? Or a whole new engine?

OleP

Reply to
ole-petter

A 300Z Twin turbo motor would do the job.

Reply to
Meat Plow

A turbo on the 2 liter engines get up to 400 hp.... not sure about the 1.6

Reply to
Mealy

Where can i get a Turbo and what does it cost?

OleP

"ole-petter" skrev i melding news:ahUVa.16846$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.e.nsc.no...

Reply to
ole-petter

Ole, Probably best to swap the car. Look for an eGT - tuned 2 litre. I remember trying one when I bought my 1600, decided it would be bad for my licence....

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

hi there, if your primera is the GA16DE, then you'll be better off with an engine swap. (i'm from oz, and pretty sure the US primera use the same engine as our pulsar)

the GA engines are not a robust engine and is very limited in terms of tuning. If you do want to do an engine swap there are several choices:- (subject to availability in US) assuming your primera is FWD

FWD SR20DE (105kw, approx 143hp) 2lt twin cam FWD SR16VE (143kw, approx 192hp) 1.6lt twin cam with varible valve timing FWD SR18VE (145kw, approx 197hp) 1.8lt twin cam with varible valve timing FWD SR20VE (147kw, approx 200hp) 2lt twin cam with varible valve timing FWD/4WD SR20DET (~147kw, approx 200hp) 2lt twin cam tubro

Those are stock motor (jap spec) figures. The SR range engines are very solid and can be easily tune for more power. they all have a pretty linear power curve and fairly flat torque curve with good low end torque.

I didn't include the torque figures coz I can't remember exactly, but pretty sure the SR20DE is about 200Nm and any of the others are definatly higher.

before you source an engine, DO LOTS of research, or perhaps find a company in the US that know lots about the SR. It should be a pretty simple swap, but there are few things you have to watch out for. especially, i believe it is not that easy to source parts for SR in the states. apart from the engine you'll need few other parts from the SR too, eg. ECU, gearbox, wiring harness...etc.

my personal choice would be the SR20VE. I have driven a P11 primera with that, and it is awesome to say the least! besides, you can always add a turbo to it and make it a SR20VET! =)

Good luck!

ole-petter wrote:

Reply to
Thomas McMechan

I'll shut up and leave it to the experts then.......

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ