Very cool Aussie car advert

See I remembered the link this time.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I have never seen that advert on TV. I have driven the HSV Clubsport that was shown in it. Thoroughly unimpressive. In fact my new Subaru I bought off the guy who owned the Clubsport. He now has a new STI.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Don't ruin the dream FFS. Most of us never actually get to see cars like that. But Impreza/WRX/STi's are everywhere and (not aimed at you, you obviously like them for a very real reason) every council house scum dole scrote seems to have one brand new even though they have never worked a day in their lives.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

I see them everyday. The build quality is appauling. They also drop value like you wouldn't believe. I could easily of had one instead of the WRX. But I like going around corners.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

ISTR one of the car mags here reckoned the Monaro was better than the M5.

Reply to
Doki

Maybe for the money. Maybe.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It's an Omega, and some folk reckoned they drove better than the 5... P'raps shoehorn HSV running gear into an omega for a giggle...

Reply to
Doki

HSV running gear is Covette running gear. LS1 V8s. Very very low tech.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Nothing wrong with the K.I.S.S principle though. Less to go wrong.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Except the first batch of LS1s here went totally wrong. The had to recall them and swap out the engines. Major piston slap. The one I drove was using a litre of oil every 3000 miles.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Anonymous Alfa owner - "It's a sporty engine designed to use a little oil"

Except the Alfa would use a sump full in that time :)

Reply to
DanTXD