Well its time for an update/which car thread

Depends what you're comparing it to, how many other production 2.0L engines were capable of 200bhp without any internal mods back in 1988? The only reason they only produced 150bhp was because of a very restrictive inlet manifold.

Reply to
Homer
[...]

'tis true - I saw it before my B10 broke[1] the dyno...

I warned him about that. :)

[1] the motor to move the two sets of rollers apart fused, leaving them in *just* the wrong place to get an E39 with ~340bhp strapped down. :(

Reply to
Alistair J Murray