Well that didn't last long did it.

Got home. Found a "Signed for" letter. Popped it open, and it is from Egerton's recovery. Apparently they are the police recovery agents for GM Police, and I am the last registered keeper of L950CBV and they want £300 release fee and £20 a day storage.

Thank f*ck I have a reciept for getting shot of it 10 days prior to recovery. So what do you reckon? Ram raid, wrapped round a tree, or some one running arround under the M Mouse bought it and got pulled without insurance?

Reply to
Elder

I got an "untaxed car" fine (which I contested and didn't have to pay) for my A class 7 mths after trading it in.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Mentioned to the salesman where the Saab had ended up. He told me they had sent it to Stoodley.

road isn't exactly the finest of area. On a plus side, gave them my letter stating the faults, my position, what would be acceptable and the legal position. He said no problem. Showed it to his boss, came back and again said "fine".

He said, was I getting picked up. When I said no, he said he would run me home, and get experience of the car see if he could confirm the fault.

I didn't think he would find anything since it was still warm and fresh from a motorway run. Only been sat 15mins.

But we only just got moving and he says "Hmm, it is holding you back". Got upto 40 and changed gear. "Woah, it's trying to stop me" Takes his hands off. Car pulls left. "Bloody hell, thats not good".

Then he said "Well it didn't do that when I test drove it after balance/alignment".

Shame I didn't have his boss in the back seat too.

Reply to
Elder

Joke isn't it.

Reply to
Elder

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Anybody else think there's a "We've had it in the air, there's damage from where it's been bounced off a kerb or similar - and it definitely didn't drive like that when we had it" coming up?

Reply to
Adrian

They can try that, except the wobble/vibration/drag was mentioned during the test drive. I mentioned on the motorway it seemed a bit flat when I had my foot to the floor in 6th, but at the time figured 6th was over geared, which it isn't.

Reply to
Elder

I suggest legal action against the GM Police and the DVLA for causing great mental anguish.

Reply to
Depresion