Westfields with 2.0 Zetec engines

Any good? Mates dad is taking delivery in a week, of one in kit form, and we're helping him build it :) We all have, to be fair, little mechanical knowledge, but we have a guy with knowledge to guide us :) Is it gonna be awesome? I freely admit to knowing NOTHING about them, so, any tips/hints/stuff we should know?

Reply to
DanTXD

whatever amount of time yoy've allowed for the build double it :)

Reply to
Rob

"As long as it takes" :) He has the 172 for going to work anyway, and a nice big double garage.

Reply to
DanTXD

And add 50% ;-)

Reply to
freddy

No, you will kill yourself as soon as completed. In the interests of Safety, I order you to have it redirected to my house for proper disposal. There is no compensation for handing in, much like with knives and handguns only the knowledge that you have saved at least too innocent lives :)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

it's easy :) you need to get it sva'd though, and that's when you know if you've doe it right or wrong

take plenty of pictures :)

Reply to
dojj

A Westfield is one of the kits which are most likely to bolt straight together, especially if is a complete kit. You won't believe how it goes, once it's finished. Everything else feels like a barge.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Probably one of the easiest kit cars to build and the factory will give you plenty of help if you need it. I've got one with a Vauxhall C20XE engine and it's by far the most fun car I've ever driven. The only problem with them is that once you've driven one it makes all normal cars seem slow and heavy. Why did he decide to go for the Zetec and not the newer Duratec?

Reply to
Homer

This has to be good :)

I dunno why he went for the Zetec, i'm gonna pop round next week and interogate him tho ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

easier to wire up? and cheaper to sourrce?

Reply to
dojj

I'd assume he's not keeping the standard injection system and replacing it with an aftermarket system of some sort anyway. If not Westfield supply a Duratec wiring loom. If he's planning on tuning the engine then the Duratec is a much better starting point for getting more power from. It needs a lot less work than the Zetec needs to get to 200bhp.

Probably, but would probably work out cheaper if he was planning any future engine tuning.

Reply to
Homer

just out of interest, how much do they charge for engine and loom then?

Reply to
dojj