What to fix before I flog?

Thought as much.

Plenty of that sort of thing going on at the mo going by some of the ads I've seen pop up on telly etc these days.

'Yes, I'm sure you'll give me top dollar for my car / phone / gold'

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

2.2, surely?

Fingers crossed.

My experience of HDIs is that they invariably have something that doesn't show up on a code reader and is a right PITA to pinpoint, up with them when they're playing up.

Not as bad as you'd think, tbh.

The 110 is notably better on fuel and has a lot more midrange, IME.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

They give you an online valuation based on you marking and describing=20 any damage on an online java/javascript/flash car model, then you pay=20 them a non-refundable valuation visit fee, then the guy turns up, offers=20 you max 50% of the online valuation, then hard sells you about losing=20 the fee if you don't accept their offer.

One of the retro-rides guys works in the call centre, and if it wasn't=20 for the economic state at the moment, he would be out of there in a shot=20 for the abuse they get from people who feel insulted with the treatment.

I think it is something like an =A380 fee. Haven't looked myself.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Worse than even cynical me expected.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, it's gone at £1875, which I'm reasonably happy with. Didn't even have to put it in the Autotrader. Last french car or diesel I ever hope to own. I'd make an exception for something like a Traction Avant, a DS or a R5 turbo though. Next job is some serious electrical meddling with the MK2 to get the clocks working, a major clean of the interior, and an MOT.

Reply to
Doki