Wife mode for TVR

It's just a TT with a new suit and a big engine. It's still a hairdresser's car.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Other alternative is to put something on that limits the throttle pedal travel. TVRs have huge pedal travel so limiting it would be easy enough, and pretty un-noticeable.

Reply to
Pete M

You own a Mach 6 spy plane?

Reply to
Steve Firth

That's the only vehicle I've ever spun anywhere. On an airfield on a frosty winter's day. Drove in at the entrance, turned onto the runway, whoosh, 360. Quick radio call to the tower to let them know that *maybe* they ought to get it de-iced ASAP.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Specially on wet winter roads...

Reply to
Burgerman

Hmm. It's a step in the right direction. But putting the 4.0 model from

240 bhp to say 160 bhp isn't going to completely solve the problem. The two TVRs I've driven felt like they'd spin out on a damp road with a sniff of power let alone limited to half.
Reply to
DervMan

The Chimera's power delivery means you'd need to limit it to something like

2,500 rpm...
Reply to
DervMan

Then go see julian at

for some programmable traction control and possibly power limiting switchable remap.

Reply to
Burgerman

Steve Firth wrote of ruling out TVRs:

The answer is simple, the OP should get an MX-5.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

And a set of equipment from Babylis to match.

Reply to
Steve Firth

it did mach 6?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Well something unbelievably fast, hang on Ah, I'm getting the Blackbird mixed up with the X-15.

Mach 3.5, is that better?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Until you've driven a 1970s Fiat Spider 2lt on 60 quid a set tyres in the wet you don't appreciate just how badly a RWD car can handle.

Reply to
SteveH

She'll only do it the once , then she'll be ok.

I recommend a track day with instruction where she can cane the car to death. It worked wonders for my missus in the Saab 900T we had. Ok, it's not RWD and 300-odd BHP, but coming from a 1991 Mazda 323 it made a world of difference to her driving. She loved it as well..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Oh, I dunno, I went from a Honda Melody to a CBR600 when I passed my bike test. After a couple of weeks, the CBR just *wasn't* fast enough..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

My stepdad has a Chimera. I don't see what all the worry is about to be honest. I've driven cars with a lot less power, that handle a whole lot worse.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I was thinking that too. A mate has a Chimera, and although it's pretty brutal it wasn't overly twitchy/dangerous. Well in the dry at least.

Maybe a decent set of tyres would be a good bet?

I just dont let my girlfriend drive the SD1 - if she wants to come in it, she sits on the left!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

he went 12 years into the future to buy the new Mach 6 Blackbird (which may or may not be in development)?

Quote; "friction at high speeds could reduce stealth" Slightly reduced stealth? Who gives a f*ck at 4,000mph :)

Reply to
Lr0dy

Damn you mean I inadvertently gave something away? Anyway it's not called Blackbird now, it's Aurora.

Damn, damn, damn...

Blackbird didn't do stealth. Oh sure it was stealthed (a bit), but the exhaust trail showed up over 100 miles away by radar.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Did you watch "La meglio gioventù" or "Best of Youth" on BBC4 recently? There's a wonderful scene in the first episode where three friends get hold of daddy's Alfa Romeo Giulia ti, which they have been told cannot be taken over 4,000rpm. Then they get in a race with a S-type Jag and forget the 4,000 rpm rule.

Nothing bad happens but it's a great sight to see an Alfa being ragged by an Italian driver down a twisty road. Some lovely period shots including the Veglia rev counter.

Oh and the entire series (six hours long, four parts) is well worth seeing. It's the most stunning bit of film making and story telling that I have seen in a long time. I'm really hacked off that I didn't record it and that the DVD edition is edited down.

Reply to
Steve Firth