Woo hoo

Swift passed its MoT today - straight through (I'm amazed TBH). Quite a few advisories about rust setting in, plus a hole in the sill, and the boot struts dont work (duh, really, never noticed that one), rear tyres low on tread and a perishing CV boot.

So what do I do? Now is the ideal time to sell - 12 months MoT and 6 months tax. I can sort most of the rust out and get a mate to patch the hole. I've got new driveshafts on the way anyway, so boot will be sorted. Could probably get £900 with the alloys, maybe more if I'm lucky. Then look at getting a BX 16v or something similar.

But then again, with the MoT and tax it would be wise to keep it as I know its a goodun, and its a great little car.

Jeeeez, I'm well stuck! Advice?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That's what I keep saying to myself, but there's also other things I'd like to try. Plus I could buy a cheaper car and have some cash to blow on some Megasquirt goodies for the Ovlov!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Can you get what you *really* want if you sell the Swift?

If the answer is yes, then it's time to sell it. If the answer is no then best hold on...?

Reply to
DervMan

the derv us right, i say hold onto it if it's a solid lil runner, save cash till the swift goes pop and you should have the cash for what you really want then a :)

Reply to
Vamp