MOT oddness

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I did a quick check on the MOT history of the 156 this evening....

Last year, it was given advisories on perishing front suspension bushes. I told my wife not to worry about them until the suspension became noisy (common issue with all Fiat group stuff on that floorpan)....

This year, different MOT tester, and it has come back without a single advisory.

No wonder the general public don't trust MOT tests.

Oh, and my 75 was given an advisory on all 4 tyres today. This is not good - it means I need to sort a set of tyres *and* buy 12 months tax ASAP.

Argh!

Reply to
SteveH

its down to the mot tester advisory's are not mandatory & you can issue advisory's fro non mot related items, i might advise on something i think may need replacing or checking in the future & our other tester might not. but what i do do is check on the system with most cars that come in if they have been issued with advisories.

Reply to
reg

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

This came as news to you?

Reply to
Adrian

Now ordinarily I'd be well up for posting so as to wind up Steve, but here, I'm genuinely not.

Surely, surely but surely, you'd know that the tyres were on their way? Surely?

Reply to
DervMan

Not really. I knew the tyres were a bit iffy. It's just a complete PITA to be getting it back tomorrow and having to spend another 500 quid on it just so I can drive it.

Reply to
SteveH

Kostas Kavoussanakis ( snipped-for-privacy@epcc.ed.ac.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ohgawdherewegoagain...

Reply to
Adrian

Having put some 2mm tyres on the back of the Ka and new ones on the front, it was a laughable experience...

Reply to
DervMan

Lol!

We've had the best ones put on the rear and the crap ones on the front for now....

But it's RWD, so that changes things ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

..but don't people laugh no matter what tyres you have? ;-)

Reply to
adder1969

OhNoHereWeGoAgainAgain.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Dunno, I was too busy planning side window wipers. :-p

Reply to
DervMan

Thought you knew better. Guess I was stupid for assuming you were more competent than that.

Reply to
Conor

Nice use of the greengrocer's apostrophe there.

Reply to
malc

Adrian wrote in news:Xns990367428F535adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.245.131:

*perks...