Woohoo...

...picked up the Fester(ing) diesel today, and got it through an MOT.

The nice chap who sold it even filled it up with diesel for me, before I picked it up, and it's covered 120 miles today without missing a beat.

The donor XR2i(s) are being delivered later on, so at some stage over the next week or so the conversion to an 'XR2Di' will commence. :o)

Now, that's the workhorse sorted... what can I get for fun...

Off to collect a mildly breathed on early 200SX Turbo later on... it's been fitted with an LSD amongst other mods, so should be excellent fun, especially in the wet.

I is a happy bunny :-D

If anyone wants any XR2i bits, give me a shout... got two complete interiors, one black bodykit and one set of alloys I'll be flogging on once I've broken them up, as well as the more mundane items such as mirrors, windows etc.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Got a mate selling an A8 quattro - might be the wrong fuel for you but its a J reg (I think) and in excellent condition for age.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And guess who was stuck in it for four and a half hours with a hole in the radiator :(

One of two accidents that week. The first one was a six lorry pile-up, details are a bit vague on the second one;

Didn't do two bad then, Autoroute posts it at 2hrs 54mins :)

Depart Northampton on A5123 (North-West) Bear LEFT (West) onto A45 4.8 mi At M1 J16, bear RIGHT (West) onto M1 At M1 J19, bear LEFT (West) onto M6 At M42 J7/J7a, turn LEFT (South) onto M42 At M5 J4a, bear LEFT (South) onto M5 At M5 J23, turn LEFT (East) onto A39 Turn LEFT (East) onto Local road(s) Turn LEFT (East) onto A372 Turn RIGHT (South) onto A361 Bear LEFT (South) onto A372 Turn RIGHT (West) onto A378 Arrive Langport

SUMMARY Total distance: 179.6 miles Length of trip: 2 hours, 54 minutes Driving time: 2 hours, 54 minutes Cost: £21.48

Reply to
Lordy

You, of all people, have no room to really talk, in this context... :-P

On a more serious note, all I can assume is a lot of the people that slate the handling on these have driven Mk3s with shot TCA bushes etc. - I know I have, and they're bloody dire when they're in that state.

This one, being in the prime of its mechanical life at 66k, handles ok really, and the only thing I can fault it on is the lack of power steering and tripmeter.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH