Woohoo - another pick a car post

That'll have been the one they replaced in the Gof IV GTI with the 2.0

8v because the 20v didn't have the torque to haul a Golf about properly, wouldn't it?
Reply to
Chris Bartram

It was fairly torquey low down, but slow accelerating when moving, although I did get it to give 34mpg average, and 38 on a really good run.

Reply to
Elder

Add a Subaru Liberty/Legacy turbo to the list and go drive one.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Very tight suspension though. My ex manager had one. Drove it like he stole it for a couple of years then traded it for an S500 with lots of toys. Almost as many as the Celsior.

Reply to
Elder

I dunno, it's ok in my Mk2 Golf.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Really? I'll remember that. I often thought of it as "probably quite a good choice".

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The golf is a bit smaller, lighter, and as PeteM told you when you bought it, best not thrashed at higher speed. That engine is a fantastic low speed high torque motor though.

Reply to
Elder