X flow head?

I'm not going to correct you, but everyone makes mistakes or unintentionally quotes inaccurate information every now and again :)

Reply to
REMUS

I only say anything if I totally understand what I am talking about. Unless pissed...

Reply to
Burgerman

A lot of things I say I've only got a vague clue about, though I do normally point that out when posting :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

To be fair Peter you are very knowledgeable, but I don't think anyone else here has the kind of experience as Burgerman with technical data... how ever dated it may be the fundamentals haven't changed much I assume?

Reply to
REMUS

Please show quotes to back up this allegation!

To be quite honest that whole argument's gone on long enough, and I *really* can't be arsed to join in that argument!

Too busy preparing for the upcoming event, which, btw, anyone can sponsor me for, at

AstraVanMan

Dont think basic physics and mechanical engineering ever can change.

Reply to
Burgerman

I knew that donation wouldn't go through, Natwest are bloody useless. I'm changing banks at the end of the month to Barclays anyway so i'll donate more then.

Reply to
REMUS

Well theories are proved wrong and new gadgets are invented to bend the laws of physics all the time ;)

Reply to
REMUS

Heh. I wasn't going to mention it - had a feeling it might have been due to cash-flow problems! Donate what you can, when you can, that's cool. Same goes for the rest of ya....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Nahh I have a £100 overdraft anyway on that pos account, they have ruined my credit rating by messing up direct debits to orange on my mobile contract. I have to keep giving my mum the cash and she pays over the phone on her credit card.... My current solo card is worn out and i've asked for a new one in my local branch 2 times and I still haven't received one, but this is the final straw... I can't even give my bloody money away!!! UTTERLY USELESS!!! :(

Reply to
REMUS

£100 overdraft? Get a proper account. Get an account with smile.co.uk. A normal current one, and a student one. And get as many different student accounts as you can get away with. Don't be stupid and get yourself into debt, but it can help out if you're a bit short and you know you'll pay the money back.

Or you could do like me and not actually get around to setting up a student account until just before you leave uni. And leave it consistently overdrawn up to just below it's limit, interest free, ever since. All for the sake of a few quid a year in extra interest :-)

They'll probably work it out one day, but 3 1/2 years down the line and they still haven't cottoned on..... :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Depends on what you can find for sale, I wouldn't try for a given brand unless buying new.

Springs are the important thing, ones that deflect less e.g. if you have 150 lbs per inch by stock, 200 or 250 lbs per inch. Again, depends on what you can find. Hard springs will allow the car to settle less, so you want them shorter so that the car remains at the same ride height as normal.

Dampers aren't as important as springs, but need to be uprated, I don't rate Konis but this is entirely on a sample size of one pair. Mine are black, no idea what make, they do the job though.

Might as well use that, then.

Nitrous is a cheap and effective solution.

Reply to
Questions

I wonder if JackH has turned to the dark side?

Reply to
Questions

Is he the apprentice or the master, find out we must...

Reply to
REMUS

No Jedi would say "to everything there are two sides"

Reply to
Burgermans other computer

Well with Jedi training to feel the force there's sideways left and sideways right. Right is easier, especially with the help of a white painted circle to lock the diff and get the back end round.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Fit all your clobber, have a look on the TSR website for ideas. Make sure the cam is actually worth having (ie, not a stupid amount of duration). Then get the car setup properly by someone who knows VWs (is it a Digifant car?). Probably running a bit too rich at the minute if it is, and then get the geometry set up. After that, your best bet for speed is weight removal. Tuning N/A engines properly is silly expensive.

Reply to
Doki

You will :D. I'm not bothered about fuel economy, but for my 400miles or so a week, the 10mpg difference between my 8v and 16v was lovely.

Reply to
Doki

lol, bloody jedi's

Reply to
Theo

What was better?

I ask as I've always heard that more valves equals more breathing, equals more efficiency.

But more valves also means it's more powerful, and revs much more happily, so lends itself to being driven like that a lot more than a less valve-endowed engine, meaning it's probably the 8v. Am I about right?

Reply to
AstraVanMan