York Dragway RWYB

THinking of taking my slushmatic 2.8i to York for a blast on the 17th July. Not participated in a RWYB for a veeeery long time. Anyone here run at York recently? I take it its still helmet, driving licence, cash only required?

Reply to
Conor

Yes, just those three - and a dose of good humour if you have something most people would think is considerably quicker than the Ka but you find that it's not... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Heh-heh. It's a slushmatic Capri 2.8i Special. Makes a nice noise but I suspect that's about all it does. Hoping to get some impressive burnouts with the LSD to keep my lad happy. At 10, he's into Max Power and Fast & Furious and I'm trying to teach him that nowt beats a decent supercharged V8 with the right wheels being driven so going to take him for the day and fancied popping the shed up the 1/4 mile for a giggle.

I would go to Santa Pod but it was £18 entrance ten years ago and a 3 hour trip to sit in the rain half the day so I dread to think what it is now.

Reply to
Conor

Why not take an artic up there for a laugh?

Reply to
fishman

Still basking in the glory of beating an MR2 off the line? :-P

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Could do the mother of all burnouts with the difflock on.

Reply to
Conor

Hehe - that's the only one I have pictures of! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Hmm - last time I was at the 'Pod I'm sure it was just £15.

Worth it, absolutely worth it, for the look on Mr. Modified Mondeo's face!

To be fair he'd presumably launched with 7,000 rpm. He caught me literally in the last few centimetres. Was something like 0.01 of a second quicker.

I thought I had him, but no, he was quicker, heh. :-( I still reckon my wheel crossed the line first but his low spoiler caught the beam... ;)

Reply to
DervMan