'05 Stang - front and rear uncovered

Glory halleluiah, we're building the perfect beast

Reply to
BDMF

Personally, I don't like the back. I like some of the elements that make up the back, taillights and center medallion, but the plastic bumper is too meaty. I think it could afford to lose a little weight.

Reply to
wrestleantares

That remains to be seen. I'n still not sold on it. I'll need to see the real thing in person to know for sure. What is it with the new direction of Ford interiors? First the 04 F-150 and now the Mustang get the flat boring look.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

weight.

Did I mention my brother works for the company that is builidng the brake system for this car. He gets to take it to Florida and the U.P. and test drive it..His job is to go real fast, make hard turns try to flip it, put it in a spin etc, then analyze the computer data, change a setting or two, and do it again.

Lucky SOB wont even tell me what the car looks like! Think I'm gonna disown him.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

wow lame boring interior

Reply to
Scotter

regarding the lame boring interior: yup I realize it is retro but geez there is a reason some things are done differently 40 years later... right?

Reply to
Scotter

What would you do to make the interior less "lame boring" ? They're certainly capturing the retro feel and I must say I'm tickled to see the retro speedo and tacho. What should it look like?

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

I would hope for an hi-tech look inside. Maybe the retro gauge look with digital tach and speedo/odo. The vents look ok, but have to have a Mach 460 or 1000 sitting in that dash. And what's up with the Auto tranny??? They better have a manual version of the car.

Reply to
Greg B.

Maybe lots of gray plastic like those "great" European cars.... curse them! WE need chrome!!! ;^) StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

The gauges won't look retro, they won't take me back 20+ years, if they don't have needles with that peculiar font for the digits.

Who is to say we're seeing a final dash? I'd be highly surprised if there aren't models of the car featuring killer audio, since that's apparently required to improve the performance of cars today.

What do you think? Of course. We're just seeing one example of the car and it's probably not even final yet.

Love those gauges, though.

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

I was always kind of partial to the tooled aluminum look.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

Reply to
memsetpc

I agree. That interior was ugly 40 years ago, it was ugly 20 years, and it hasn't stopped being ugly. Retro does not equate to attractive.

*sigh*. They butchered the chassis and now they insist on making the interior unattractive. The exterior is nice, but not nice enough to overcome the rest imho.

Ah well.

Dan

2003 Cobra Convertible With some stuff on it
Reply to
Dan Talso

I like the back, but preferred the one on the concept car. I like the front also, I didn't like the concept cars blinker/fog light combo or its big empty grill. I like the interior, retro and simple. I also heard rumors that the Cobra, GT and base model's front/rear would all have a slightly different look. I guess we'll see when they finally hit the showrooms.

Reply to
Mike King

Not Found The requested URL /images/05PonyPics/ was not found on this server.

Is all I see...

Reply to
jriegle

Too many people must have hit the site or they were taken down. The pics are also missing on the other HTML based boards I read.

Reply to
Mike King

I agree, it's too fat. I like the overall design, but the sides and rear bumper are too chubby. At least it looks like a four seater!

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

C. Olofsson

at 19 Sep 2003, jriegle [ snipped-for-privacy@att.net] wrote in news:V7Oab.145879 $ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

There's still here:

Enjoy!

Reply to
Paul

I like it overall. It definitely harkens back to the looks of the original mustang, especially the interior. I like the interior more then the Exterior. The exterior is kind of dull looking compared to the current models and is also more jellybeany which makes it look more like "everything else" on the road. But the visual cues from the original mustang do help a lot.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

The vents worry me. The look very small. Here in AZ we need to move a lot of cold air to cool down in the summer and I'm wondering if those little vents will be up to it.