Stupid Z Question

I hate to ask this, but you folks are a friendly bunch. (I dare not go onto the alt.autos.nissan.z forum.)

I tried searching in all the sites I can, but have not come up with an answer. I am assuming the the 240, 260 and 280Z cars were all RWD, since they had the I-6.

How about the 300z in the 80's (z31) and the 300z in the 90's (z32)? They had roughly the same VQ engine as the Maxima, but was it RWD? Just out of curiousity.

I really like the looks of the z31 cars and can imagine getting one someday. (After I get my '65 Mustang convertable.)

Kai

Reply to
Kai Ponte

Yes.

Reply to
David

Didn't realize I liked the looks so much.

Yeah, the nature of the beast is that they were all rear wheel drive, the true choice of racers.

Richard Tomkins

Z31 = VG30ET Z32= VQ30DETT

Reply to
<whatever>

The NA version of the Z32 had the VG30DE engine, the turbocharged version had the VG30DETT. The VQ engine was not used in 300ZX's (at least not here in the US), but it is in the 350Z.

Reply to
Steve Manifold