1968 Mustang Questions

Hi,

I am having some work done on my 1968 Mustang, body/paint right now, but upholstery in a few months. I did the decoder thing, and also contacted Ford and was sent a list of what's in my Mustang...I believe the seat upholstery that's in there now is wrong so I want to put the correct upholstery in there. I have looked up "Aqua All Vinyl Luxury Bucket Seat" on the internet (and many variations), is Deluxe Interior the same thing? What exactly is Interior Decor Group, Protection Group and Convenience Group? =]

This is what Ford sent me.

1968 model year San Jose Plant 2 Dr Hardtop 302 8cyl

Gulfstream Aqua Exterior Color Aqua All Vinyl Luxury Bucket Seat XP Type Automatic Transmission

3.00 Non-Locking Rear Axle F70x14 wide oval wsw tires interior decor group front seat headrests protection group power steering console convenience group speed control selectaire conditioner am radio optional battery wire wheel covers

Is there anyone out there that has a car that is similar? Mine also has the turn signal lights on the hood, map lights, disc brakes, 4bbl carb, it had a vinyl top (white) also. Please just post to the newsgroup, email above doesn't really exist.

thanks!

-Judy

Reply to
Gossamer Axe

Hi, I have no clue what you found on the internet about the Interior Decor Group.

We make Mustang upholstery but not in the color you need.

Deluxe interior on a 68 has comforweave inserts and sierra grain parts. Standard upholstery has kiwi grain insert and sierra grain parts.

Your only choices for interior is Distinctive Industries and TMI. I would personally want TMI in my car.

We don't sell either one so try a nearby aftermarket dealer.

I just looked at TMI's catalog and they dont even make deluxe upholstery in turquoise. So odds are you have standard.

Good Luck

Reply to
Shentel

Actually it was from Ford (detroit archive library)

Hmmm, it's not comfortweave interior...and it's not standard either...

My problem seems to be this, no one knows =/

No, it's luxury interor, straight from Ford, Well, possibly they don't make the interior anymore? I'm not sure but eventually I'll find out who has the answers for me =] thanks anyway...

Reply to
Gossamer Axe