Whats a 2002 GT worth?

I have a chance to pick up a 2002 GT, 5 speed, Mach sound, leather and so on. It's been beat a bit, has a Hurst shifter, shift light and someone removed the rear wing. It has 40,000 miles on it. Any idea what it's worth? It has a set of almost new Gaterbacks on it and I found a receipt from the local drag strip in the visor mirror. Wish I could have found a time slip:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 23:06:41 -0700, "Big Al" wrote something wonderfully witty:

While I have always been a big proponent of using

to get book value, it has become glowinglyapparent that Mustangs sellers aren't tracking with what the blue booksays when setting their prices. The NADA guides are supposed to bebased on what dealers report to them as their sales prices on eachvehicle listed. Same goes with the results of wholesale auctionresults. I would suspect that by using a combination of the two youshould be able to figure out what a `02 GT is worth in your area. I have found that by using
and using yourzip code for the area search you can find out what the people in yourarea are asking for in a resale. I have also seen folks asking the same price for a `94 as others are asking for a `96 or even `98. It is all going to depend on the local market. According to a search of www.traderonline for my area I get the final results of a `02 8-cyl Mustang. The #'s are slightly skewed because they include both Coupes & Ragtops. You could more then likely narrow it down a little closer.

Highest price: $22999 Lowest price: $12950 Average price: $17673

NADA has $17,850 $20,675 for low & high values respectively for a rag-top and $15,325 $17,925 for a coupe.

So I would say at $16/17K you are in the ball park for a Coupe & eighteenish for a ragtop. Perhaps a little lower since you say it was a bit beat up.

Hope this helps you out. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Thanks a lot. I'm thinking about offering around $9K. I think I'm too low to get it, but it's worth a shot. I just bought a 2003 V6, 5 speed for $11,750 with 5,000 miles on it.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hmm..... I wonder how many of those miles are 1/4 mile runs....... ??

I'd be CAREFUL on this one Al.

-ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert w/93 Cobra long block, GT-40 heads, Unknown Camshaft(??), HyperTech Chip, 73mm C&L MAF, BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Deltas, King Cobra Clutch Set, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Poly bushings.

Reply to
Katmandu

Yea, $9,000 isn't even in the ballpark. Even if it's been beat on.

I'd say more in the $15k range.

-ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert w/93 Cobra long block, GT-40 heads, Unknown Camshaft(??), HyperTech Chip, 73mm C&L MAF, BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Deltas, King Cobra Clutch Set, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Poly bushings.

Reply to
Katmandu

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 03:21:56 GMT, "Jim Warman" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Anyone who thinks they just made an "investment" in a depreciating asset should certainly keep away from the stock market.

I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

That reminds me of the movie Melvin and Howard when Melvin buys a new boat and Cadillac with his wife's winnings from a game show and rationalizes it by telling her "it's an investment".

Reply to
Zen Cohen