1999 Mustang Cobra

How can I adjust my clutch. I have to push the pedal all the way to the floor and I can barely get it into gear. When I do get it in gear it only takes about 1/2 inch up on clutch pedal for the car to start moving. I do know that you can pull back on the pedal and then push down on it to adjust it. But that doesnt work. Clutch cable stretched out? Clutch pad wore out? Thanks for your help. Chris

Reply to
rnutoy

Clutch cable is fraying / stretching . Replace it.

Reply to
test

I know this method works on Fox body Mustangs and it may work on yours. Pull up on the clutch pedal with about 10-15 lbs. of force and then push it all the way to the floor. It will click if it is making an adjustment. Do this several times until it stops clicking. This was designed into the clutch mechanism of the older Fox Mustangs but I don't when, or if, they stopped using it. Give it a try.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I spaced the part where you mentioned where you worked the pedal.

Reply to
Michael Johnson