2 questions please.....

Hello to all. First, is there anything special about resurfacing slotted/cross-drilled rotors? A shop I use that has always been reliable and honest told me they couldn't resurface my rotors because the equipment they had for this didn't work with cross-drilled. If this is correct, can anyone tell me of a major chain that can do this service? I live in Houston Texas. My other question is about an item I saw for sale long ago. It was a rear seat delete kit for the Fox-body Mustangs. I never have anyone in the rear seat, and have been considering this, but now that I'd do it I cannot find the items. Perhaps this, like so many other items for my car, have fallen by the wayside. Any info on either would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Randy

90 GT

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

randy pavatte

The holes in your cross drilled rotors could very well shatter the tool bits in a conventional disc lathe...... you may need to search out a machine shop that can Blanchard grind your rotors..... end milling may work, but the surface needs to be very, very smooth and non-directional for things to be "right".

Personally, I would attempt it with our conventional lathe..... but you would pay the labour up front and if your rotors were junk when I finished, well, that would be that. Sorry, man..... when we approach "exotica", special considerations may be needed.

Jim Warman